Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Fighting Wedding Party Advice

So, my best friend/MOH lives about an hour away.  One of my bridesmaids has offered to assist her by providing help and her home for the bachelorette party.  Unfortunately in the last three months the only thing they have decided on is that they can't stand each other even though they have sent a total of three text messages to each other and have not even spoken on the phone yet. 

They're both getting on me about what the other other isn't doing, but refuse to talk to each other to get the plans together. At the start of this week my MOH asked if it was ok to move the location of the party.   I told her I would at least like for her to try to speak on the phone with my BM at least once before I say yes, to which she replied "not gonna happen".  

Today, she tells me she has sent my BM a message giving her full control of the party and she'll just show up, without talking to me about it. So far dealing with these two has been the most stressful part of the wedding planning. 

Do I have a right to be a little annoyed?  Any advice on what I should do?

Re: Fighting Wedding Party Advice

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be annoyed too, but my advice would be to stay out of it. Getting in the middle of that fight can only make things worse for you and for them. Hopefully they care about you enough to put their issues aside to make sure everything that they plan gets done. :(
  • Options
    Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't stay out of it.  Its YOUR wedding and YOUR party.  They need to grow up, act like the women they are supposed to be and get on with it.  You have every right to be frusted, annoyed and upest and you need to tell them as such.  They just have to get a party together.  If you MOH does not want to help out, then so be it. Tell her okay and move on and have your BM work the party.  However, you need to be honest and up front with them both.  Ignoring the situation does not make it better nor does it make it go away.  Tell them to put their big girl panties on and deal with it.  Trust me - you will feel much better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards