Rhode Island
Options

Bridal make-up

Hi Girls,

I was hoping to get some feedback on bridal make-up. I am looking for someone Inexpensive who will come to Oceancliff and do my make-up as well as my girls and my mom. I know my girls don't want to spend more than 70 dollars. Not sure if this is possible or not.

Re: Bridal make-up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kristin Greene for makeup (www.kristingreene.net) and she charges $55 for bridesmaids and has a great reputation.

image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Allison Barbera, and she is actually located in Newport but will travel to your location.  www.allisonbarbera.com

She charges $80 for the bride, and that includes the trial.

For mothers and bridesmaids it is $50.  Flower girls are free.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Robin Mcaloon charges $50 for BM and $75 for Bride the day of. She is located in Bristol and can travel.  Robin has a very calming personality and she is really sweet. You can see her work on her website and in this article by Snap! Photography

http://snapweddings.blogspot.com/2009/01/snap-chat-with-make-up-artist-robin.html
  • Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Glen Badessa & couldnt have been happier!

He charged $50 for my trail & $75 for my day of makeup.  He charged my BM & MOB $50.  He will travel to you.

www.immortalcosmetics.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got quoted higher prices for Robin back in October.  Weird!

I used the girls at Skinplicity in EG.  Their prices are on their website.  BMs and moms were $40, I thought this was reasonable.  My younger sister wears makeup a lot and she was very impressed with them.  My twin sister never wears makeup and she looked stunning, I kept telling her all night how awesome she looked.  :-)  (We are fraternal so I wasn't telling her that I looked good, haha.)  They use Youngblood makeup.

Another good one is Tara from Tada Yourself. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^ hmmm maybe her rates have gone up since than? I have the pdf of her rates that she sent me since spring 09.

As for Tara from Tada Yourself, I second her too! She did my make up when I was a BM for my friend's wedding but she was not available for my date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristin Greene!
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I don't know if OceanCliff still recommends Maura Hession but if so, please don't use her.  She double booked on the day of my wedding and was over an hour late showing up.  She was then so frazzled that she did a completely different job on my make-up then the trial.  The ceremony had to start 20 minutes late because our make up wasn't done and no time for pictures.  Just trying to help.
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jan Simone is very experienced and uses great products.
    Glen Badessa is very good also.
    They both travel 
    Reasonable too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was in the same situation....i'n using kristine greene for makeup-$55 and sam colavolpe for hair $35. i think that's fairly affordable for the girls and they both have been getting a lot of raves here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards