Canada-Ontario

Le Jardin

Hey Everyone,

My fiance and I are considering booking Le Jardin. They gave us a great price for October 2012. Can anyone give me some feedback? How do they serve the entrees? French or plated? It's between Le Jardin and Harbour Banquet Hall in Oakville.

thanks,
Carissa

Re: Le Jardin

• blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am booked there for Feb. We had an amazing time there and they treated us wonderfully so far. We paid for a tasting before we booked to try the food and it was really good.

There are open to compromise.

I know several people who have attended events there recently. (one was last week) They loved it. The pasta is especially good. The chicken is great and the beef is ok. One guy did say he found the soup slightly salty but still good. They said they were treated well.

One was a prom and the others were weddings. (the last was a wedding for over 400 people)

I find the decor a bit much but overall everything else made up for it. The salesperson we dealt with has been amazing and continues to be helpful even after we have given our deposit.
  • cd080111cd080111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!  Le Jardin tops our list. We have one more to go to (The Terrace) but I'm already sold to Le Jardin because of their chiavari chairs. 

Good advice on the food tasting. They didn't tell me about that option before we book. I will ask. How much did you pay? 

My fiance loves the decor and it's different from the other banquet halls we've been to. 

Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I was there for a wedding last March. the food was good, but at the midnight buffet they served lobsters that were so dry it was a pity no one could eat them.

The only thing I truly didn't like about le Jardin was their in-house DJ. My cousin's hired him and he was so rude. I requested a song that happened to be a salsa song and he replied, "I haven't played my latin sh*t yet", then said on the mic later on" where's the girl who wanted the salsa stuff". Like OMG, are you for real??? I was so shocked. I also heard later on the mother of the groom requested a song and he rolled his eyes and never played it. Just be weary of the DJ... I'm sure you wouldn't want that at your wedding.

• cd080111cd080111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up on the dj. Their inhouse DJ is DJ Emporium and they are good...expensive but good! I hope that we don't get a rude DJ. I have other dj's in mind too.

Thanks again!
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Terrace is really good too. I had an appointment there and was about to book when I found Le Jardin and if not for the cost difference and flexibility I would have stayed with them. I have been there for a wedding and they are great. The bar staff was wonderful and the food was good. I didn't like it as much as Le Jardin but it was good. It's a beautiful hall.

The man who was helping us seemed great but he was not willing to compromise on anything. The price was comparable to most places but did not include everything I wanted.

Both of these places don't usually do tasting dinners before you book but they were both willing to do it for a charge. The Terrace was going to chrge $50 for a tasting of only the meat you choose and veggies. (no salad/soup/dessert)

Le Jardin was much more accomodating and charged much less but we were able to taste our dinner plate as would be served as well as a buffet of their pastas, veggies, antipasto, desserts and an open bar. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm booked for LeJardin June 23rd 2012, I was looking at 1 King West, and Arcadian Court downtown, but feel in love with LeJardin as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. Have heard fabulous things about the place, ask for Martina there she is outstanding to deal with and we got SO many extras thrown in! Price point is outstanding too, can't beat it!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards