Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Highlights.

Hello, so I have been dying my naturally light/medium brown hair black for the last year. My wedding is in 8 months... I was wondering if y'all have tried to highlight colored hair slowly over several months with any success? I am wanting to go with a more natural highlighted look. Not platinum, but certainly not black! Maybe similar to Alessandra Ambrosio or Kim Kardashian when she had highlights. Note: I am not entirely naive on how bleaching/coloring works, I was just wondering if someone had actually done the transformation without frying their hair, and having it turn out good. Also, the black dye fades quick on me. Thanks!

Re: Highlights.

• have you been just doing your newgrowth (roots) or have you been constantly pulling your black color through your hair? If youre doing the last and coloring your entire head every time the chances of you getting anything but and orange, brassy, gold color is slim to none.
  • Slowly doing this is, is your best bet, I would recommend doing this every 6 weeks and get a trim with it. Im a hairdresser so I have done this to ppl several times. I also recommend getting a good conditioner and doing treatments with your color. You will slowly but surely get lighter by your wedding. At first you will pull brassy/orange but thats what toners are for. Toners will take that right out, you might be carmely at first but thats the first step with having that dark of hair. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards