Georgia-Atlanta

Reasonably Priced Venue Sought

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a reasonably priced venue in the South Metro Atlanta area?  We're getting married in late March 2012.  We would like the ceremony and reception at the same venue, we would like a buffet/sit down dinner, set up and tear down included in the price, cash bar, DANCE FLOOR (a MUST!).  We're anticipating 250-275 ppl?  Any ideas or recommendations?  I'm on a budget of $8,000 for the reception.  Tall order, right?!?!!?    

Many thanks,

Jennifer 

Re: Reasonably Priced Venue Sought

• KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try the ABC Center. www.abcardio.org/center

Their site says that venue rental is $3000, but they have specials all the time. I've seen it as low as 50% off.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Student Center at Georgia Tech. It can comfortably seat over 300 people with room for a dance floor, cake table and buffet tables. It is only $800 for the whole day.
  • jenngrrl75jenngrrl75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     ooooh!  thanks!  I will totally check it out.  :) 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Is the site related to the American Black Cardiologist's Association?  I keep getting directed there?   
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     awesome!  thanks so much for your recommendation!!

Jen
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted the ABC venue, and they no longer do weddings/receptions.  :(

Thanks, nonetheless.

Jennifer
  • edited December 2011

Try the Biltmore. Im getting married there and im on a strict budget also. Were having 300 guests. If you get married there on a Sunday they discount everything to 50% off. We are getting rental of both ballrooms for $5000 which normally is what you would pay for just one room. Chiavari chair rental is $2.50 a chair. I havent been able to find that cheaper ANYWHERE!
    Check them out at & send Carrie Hopson and email shes very nice!
    http://www.novareevents.com/biltmore/index.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    also look into the Wimbish house...im not sure if they can accomodate that many people though..
    http://www.thewimbishhouse.com/rates.php
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Don't forget some State Parks' pavilions.  Yes, I realize it doesn't SOUND glamorous, but if you're outdoorsy, some of them are just as beautiful as the larger venues I've seen.

There is a group pavilion at Red Top Mountain State Park that has a large stone fireplace, A/C, heat, bathroom facilities, nice deck, and it's set back off the lake for privacy.  Price? $350 Saturday all-day rental fee INCLUDES tables and chairs, and there's no restrictions as far as catering, alcohol, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards