California-Los Angeles
Options

QOTD (Wednesday)

I plan on sleeping in because my vacation has officially started!  So I'm posting this before I go to bed.

What's a pet peeve you have of your FI/DH?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD (Wednesday)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question....

that he moves things (cux he claims he is "cleaning") and when I ask him where things are at he has NO CLUE!!! It drives me insane! Yell Especially when I need the stuff that day!

Oh and the always famous I have to ask him a million times to please get, look and buy something. Why can't he just do it the 1st time I ask?!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He never fills the Brita pitcher.  I love my water really cold so when I want water I usually have to fill the pitcher but then it's not cold enough.  Drives me crazy.
  • Options
    sfchicksfchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He has bad table manners. I feel like a complete bridezilla if I correct him and I'm trying to learn not to. It's a serious issue for me as I have to go to dinner w/really "high end" "fancy pants" clients. I know he's not going to change and I'm going to have to learn to live with it. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's slow and late. (IMO) I'm of the opinion that early is on time, on time is late. He's the kind of guy where I'll say, "Five minutes until dinner!" And then "dinner is ready!" and only THEN does he wrap up what he's doing, get a drink, and come sit down. Same with when we leave the house. He doesn't get his shoes and jacket until I'm standing at the door with my purse.

Last night I was meeting him at a bar and he decided to walk - 2 miles - from our house. When I got there I called him and he was JUST leaving. I was SO mad. I was like, "listen, you need to get in your car or take a cab. This is NOT okay." If he had told me he was running SO late I would have picked him up!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I can't choose just one. :)

There are two that are related. He takes really long showers. And the really long showers cause him to be late to work everyday. He gets up in plenty of time but he just moves at a really slow pace.

And the third thing - he cannot seem to empty his pockets before putting his clothes in the laundry. Therefore, I find so much stuff in his pockets or there is change scattered all over the house.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_qotd-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:10df9c52-ff62-4b2c-b65f-aa6179e11bddPost:abbc8a75-c675-4077-ba4e-143374a8384c">Re: QOTD (Wednesday)</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's slow and late. (IMO) I'm of the opinion that early is on time, on time is late. He's the kind of guy where I'll say, "Five minutes until dinner!" And then "dinner is ready!" and only THEN does he wrap up what he's doing, get a drink, and come sit down. Same with when we leave the house. He doesn't get his shoes and jacket until I'm standing at the door with my purse. 
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    Same here!  His family has a running joke when people ask where DH is they say "He's putting on his shoes" because for some reason it will take him forever to put on his shoes.  <div>
    </div><div>And I'm just like you, I can't stand being late anywhere.  Just so I don't constantly frustrated I try to take a breath and make myself late so DH and I are on the same time frame.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Slow and late seems to be a common theme here LOL. Guess all men are that way, mine too :)
    KRISTEN SIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY *** Weddings, Events, Portraits, and More! *** www.kristensimental.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a morning person at all but on Sunday mornings we go to 7:30 am mass. I'm usually up on time. There have been a few times when I have called FI to see if he's ready to go and  he doesn't answer his phone. It's usually becuase he's sound asleep. So we usually end up missing mass. It doesn't bug me that we miss mass but that he tells me, "Make sure to be ready" and he's the one that is dead asleep!

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them at the moment.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband does the SAME thing with putting on his shoes. It drives me crazy! How can it possibly take so long to put on shoes?

I cut it close to being late myself (I'm always on time...but barely), and so I know exactly what time I need to be out of the house by in order to not be late. I'll warn him about this, give him countdowns, etc, and he'll say he is ready...when I am ready, he still hasn't put on his shoes or he needs to find a sweater.. Argh!

I think part of the problem is that he is usually watching tv when this happens. He does everything in slow motion when the tv is on- shoes on, papers signed, teeth brushed, etc.
  • Options
    KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The iphone.  All the time.  He got the first one the day of our first date.  It literally has always been the mistress in our relationship. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards