Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Restaurant Recommendations in Harwich area

Hi everyone,

I am working on making a little "Cape Guide" for our Out of Town Guests. I was wondering if you have any restaurant recommendations in the Harwich area. My parents house is in Hyannis so I'm better with the restaurants there...

So far I have:

Clancys
Dennisport House of Pizza
Cape Sea Grille
George's Pizza House
Brax Landing

I have only been to Cape Sea Grille, so if you DON'T recommend any of the above, let me know that too.

We are having a Welcome Party adn the wedding will be dinner, so I think my guests will MOSTLY need lunch places- are there any sandwich places you recommend? Dinner places work too. Thanks all!

Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Harwich area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hot Stove which is like a casual bar restaurant and Port which is a little more pricey, they are next to each other right on the main road.

Oh and you cant forget to put Sunday School in Dennisport in your guidebook! Its the best ice cream ever!
  • Options
    woodiewoodie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi -
    I LOVE the mason jar for lunch....yummy sandwiches!  It's on rt 28, right down town. 

The harwich central cafe also makes great sandwiches and the coffee is to diie for!  http://www.harwichcentralcafe.com/

For seafood, I like the Weatherdeck on RT 28 in West Harwich.  They have great ice cream too...and mini golf. 8)

Oh!  How could I forget the A&W!  Such great root beer and the place hasn't changed in 50 years.  They have good fast food!  It's right across the street from the trampolines on RT 28.
    Seafood Sams is good too, right next door to the trampolines. 

For Breakfast, you can try Bonatts... they have nice choices. It gets a litle busy on the weekends. 

Brax Landing on Saquatucket Harbor has a nice view and good food.  It's a lively place too. 

Hope this helps!  Kath
  • Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are doing ice cream, don't go to the Sundae School in Dennisport. There is a Sundae School right in the center of Harwichport on 28, by the intersection with Bank Street.

Thumbs up for A&W - great root bear floats!

I have heard mixed things about Jake Rooney's, which is across from the A&W. It always seemed a little seedy to me.

The 400 was just bought out, but they used to be great. I forget who bought them...it was a restaurant that has another location nearby. Anyone remember? The 400 East in East Harwich is still going, and very good.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards