Ohio-Cincinnati

Lake Lyndsay wedding?

Hi girls,

I've seen some posts on here about weddings you have had or attended at Lake Lyndsay. I think the venue is gorgeous! I love all the pix on the website and would love to contact their coordinator, but I'm having trouble finding that info on the website. Does anyone know who I should contact? Also, how was your experience with this venue?

TIA!

Re: Lake Lyndsay wedding?

• AbbyAlexAbbyAlex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No no no!!! My friend got married there and the pictures are not accurate! It's so run down! It's not well kept at all! The lake is beautiful, but the parking lot has craters in it (not pot holes, craters!) and there's weeds everywhere! no flowers. Just really run down. the grass wasn't mowed or anything. I would seriously reconsider!
    In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced. ~Robert Sexton
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I looked there when picking a venue. I is pretty run down. It smelled like a latrine and one big turn off for me was no refrigeration at the sites, and at the end of the night you are responsible for taking all the trash to the dumpster and doing all the clean up and set up. 
  • edited December 2011
    oh wow! I had no idea! Thanks a lot girls for filling me in. We will be nixing it off our list. Any other ideas on a venue thats similar to Lake Lyndsay but kept up and nicer?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pyramid hill is beautiful. My brother had his reception there but I believe you can get married there too. It's well kept and the guy that runs it is nice as can be! It's in Hamilton. It's an art park so it's very well kept.
    In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced. ~Robert Sexton
  • edited December 2011
    Lake Lyndsay is really pretty outside but the pictures of the inside look pretty outdated. 
    If you're looking for a reception site, Barn-n-Bunk in Trenton is really nice on the inside and they have a buffet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my wedding at lake lyndsay in 2008 and didn't have any of the experiences that any of the posters mentioned above. i had a great experience and would definitely recommend it. my building did not smell and had TWO HUGE refrigerators. there are three buildings on site...i used kaylas korner (the one in the back that holds approx 250) and also had my outdoor ceremony on site at the back lake. my wedding was about a month after hurricane ike came through town and there were a few small bushes out front that had been ripped up, but they replaced them before my wedding without us asking. i had no other issues with it looking run down or the parking lot being town up? let me know if you have any specific questions or want to see my pics!
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love Pyramid Hill! AbbyAlex, which building did your brother have his reception in?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He had his in the Pavillion. It was really beautiful. And the best part was they hadn't finished taking down chistmas lights because no one had asked to use it and the lights inside the pavillion were blue, which just happened to be their wedding color so they left them up for us. They are very easy to work with.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Along with a nature-type venue, I heard of the Krippendorf Lodge.  It's a nature center and looks really beautiful.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're having ours at Germania Park. It's really beautiful. I like it alot!

• cornell0514cornell0514 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is absolutely nothing run down about Lake Lyndsay.  We are currently planning a wedding there and we have rec'd wonderful service and advice from Lyndsay!  The facilities are immaculate and the gazebos are beautiful!  Definitely not a cookie cutter venue.
  • I agree with the last couple,I think Lake Lyndsay is beautiful! I have been to wedding's there,and I have my wedding booked there for July. We looked at many places including Pyaramid Hill, after seeing Lake Lyndsay there was no question on where we wanted to have the wedding. I also am having mine at Kayla's Korner, there is very large industrial size refridgerators, to my knowledge they all have them.
    Wish you good luck in finding something you love!
  • I am just in my early planning stages and looked at Lake Lyndsay's Beach House for ceremony and reception.  Can anyone give an idea of pricing for the venue and any caterers or other vendors that you used and would recommend?  We already have cake, DJ, photographer but are looking for advice with caterers and bar tending etc. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards