New York
Options

Favor Idea

I finally have a favor idea that could work!  There is this gourmet peanut factory near where I grew up in Virginia.  I order peanuts from there occasionally (they come in these big tins, not small jars like at the store) and FI loves them.  I'm thinking maybe I'll get a few tins of their homemade peanut brittle, take a few pieces for each favor, package them nicely, and voila!  Good to go.  It says online that they're not available in July/August (too hot, I'm guessing), but since my wedding is the end of September, it should be perfect.  I just ordered some to try it out since I've never had the candy before, but I'm excited!
Anniversary

Re: Favor Idea

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yummy!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds like an awesome idea! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll definitely be doing some yummy research soon...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love peanut brittle. What a great idea.

I know in theory you need to becareful of all the food you have, but beaware if any of your guests have peanut allergies. Since, from what I know, sometimes the smell or just accidently touching something can set off an allergic reaction, depending on the person. I bake a lot, and grilled all my friends if they had any peanut/walnut/ect allergies. They make fun of me for it (still), but it is one of the more common allergies I hear about.

ETA: BTW, I don't mean not do it. I really do think it is a great idea. I would just check with your guests so you can make proper arrangements if needed.

"Photo kids date computer geeks because they scare everyone else. Geeks are much more desperate"

• Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, geekybridetobe!  I thought of that; I don't know of any issues but it never hurts to be careful!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards