Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR: Defensive Driving

If anyone has done this in TX, what is the least painful platform to get this done? Any website recommendations?
I don't work on Fridays, and I am planning to try to do this tomorrow (um and maybe get some thank you cards out).
It's 8 hours, right? Can you take a break (like say to run my mom to the airport)? I've never done it before.

Re: NWR: Defensive Driving

• Options
    I did defensivedriving.com, and I really like the format.  You have like 3 months after you sign up to complete the course, and it forces you to take breaks.  BUT if you sign out for at least an hour, it will count that time toward all of the smaller breaks that are built in and then you don't have to take anymore "forced" breaks.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-defensive-driving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:381c0b58-f786-4988-9a4d-c3f2b1175df5Post:296cf19e-eae6-4099-aa4d-adfac541d660">Re: NWR: Defensive Driving</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did defensivedriving.com, and I really like the format.  You have like 3 months after you sign up to complete the course, and it forces you to take breaks.  BUT if you sign out for at least an hour, it will count that time toward all of the smaller breaks that are built in and then you don't have to take anymore "forced" breaks.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

In theory could I take a multi-hour break? I need to run my mom to the airport tomorrow but I REALLY want to get it all taken care of.
  • Options
    You can take as many breaks as you want for as long as you want, or at least you could when I did it.  I did a little time here and there over the course of the 3 months.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, yeah.  You can take days-long breaks.
    Anniversary

• Options
    my FI and I did asenseofhumordriving.com  it was very easy and you could get through it in about 5 hours.  It is a lot of listening then some small easy questions about videos you have to watch.  

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I used (and liked) comedydriving.com

Yes, you can take as many breaks as you want (for as long as you want) and like a PP said, you're actually forced to take at least some kind of break so you can't just do it one eight-hour stretch. You could do 4 hours tomorrow and then forget about it until your ticket's almost due to finish the rest of it. (But don't, since they have to send your certificate of completion in the mail and that takes a few days -- but, anyway, they have lots of warnings about that on all the websites I checked out).

I didn't like getdefensive.com (I think its software had a problem with my browser -- for some reason it wasn't working correctly and kept saying I failed the personal identity questions, so I gave up and switched to the other website). I freaked out thinking I was going to fail driver's training, but it turned out to be just that particular software.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards