Wedding Woes
Options

Reminiscing about The Knot

Random thoughts-

Remember when there were dress bios and bios for all sorts of nonsense? Like the Reem Accra bio and there was one chick (Sunflower something or other) that bought like 5 of them or some nonsense because she couldn't decide.

Is Reem Accra still a big thing? Is everyone still falling over themselves to try to afford that nonsense? Having a dessert reception with cash bar so the bride can wear a $6k pretty princess dress? I don't venture off this board.

I miss the blue balls.

Re: Reminiscing about The Knot

• Options
    I was annoyed b/c I was looking for the budget bride bio for someone a few months ago and they're all just gone, you can't access them at all.  I liked a lot of those bios, they had some good ideas in them.
  • Options
    I miss the bios, too.  I printed mine and put it in a box with a bunch of wedding crap.  <---total beebee

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Remember ErinJake's bio and how we all thought it was a joke because the dresses were so ugly?
  • Options
    Remember how the page used to refresh itself?
  • Options
    Oo, remember how new posts use to go to the top?

And we could get to the board with no ads?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_reminiscing-about-the-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6cf41974-2f63-411d-9be0-531fa3b77eb4Post:10b904c8-addd-42a6-9fa8-83749fccd435">Re: Reminiscing about The Knot</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oo, remember how new posts use to go to the top?
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

Oh, how I miss those days...

• Options
    i want to know if the following things are still a thing/being done:

ribbon wands
    dragging infants down the aisle in a wagon
    dyeing crinolines
    pocketfold invites
    chivari chairs
    sparkler send offs
    trash the dress
    sand ceremonies
    handfasting
    wacky photobooths + props
    trolleys
  • Options
    Well someone is still doing the wacky photo booth thing because a friend went oT a wedding last weekend and posted pics of her and her FI posing with hipster faux mustaches and other items from a photo booth.
  • Options
    The photo booth thing has morphed into a cheaper version of someone's point n shoot and props.  I've seen it at 2 weddings now.  I still don't like it and we still don't participate.  Pictures are for the wedding party, not me, thanks.
  • Options
    And we know trash the dress is still happening because of the woman that got herself killed last week.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i checked proud's planning service and she's still doing all that.  i guess if it's what you know, you just keep doing it.
  • Options
    I periodically heck Stefibeth's blog and her husband still has the gayface. Unfortunately, it looks like her son may as well.
  • Options
    I'm doing a photobooth. My friends and I are pretty vain. Plus I'm going to ask anyone who uses it to leave a strip for us so I can do a collage for my photography-themed living room.

Haters gon' hate.
  • Options
    Who was the OBGYN nurse that had the hilarious blog?  I followed it for awhile but she stopped updating.  

I still can't look at a strawberry w/out giggling.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I loved my trolley!  The nieces and nephew thought they were on Mr. Rogers. 

I'll have to ask my mom since she's doing the wedding cake stuff now.  Of course, in BFE these may be new trends.
  • Options
    She still hasn't updated since last time I looked.  Too bad, b/c that blog was hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards