Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Poor Customer Service

Has anyone had poor customer service with their vendors? Bridal Elegance (my dress), Ada Bridal (bridesmaid dresses), and our photographer have not been that great. I hope this is not a sign of whats to come :(

Re: Poor Customer Service

• Options
    smdmjwsmdmjw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh - not to mention - but the salon where I have gone for 10 years decided to "change their mind" about allowing my stylist to travel - but didn't bother to tell me until about a month ago - so I had to figure something out for that!
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I definitely dealt with this throughout the planning process (and I thought we had selected all high quality vendors too).  I'm sorry you're dealing with it too.  Keep on them and make sure you get the answers and things you need.  It is VERY frustrating, and sic your FI on them if you have to.  :)  Then, at the end of it all, make sure to post vendor reviews here on the board so everyone can see your experience - which is so helpful when brides are looking for vendors....
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_poor-customer-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:80630df6-f504-4812-8b40-b0ca7f9fe9a4Post:1d2b8fa2-fb70-41df-a4dc-7ffa392bc8e9">Re: Poor Customer Service</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I definitely dealt with this throughout the planning process (and I thought we had selected all high quality vendors too).  I'm sorry you're dealing with it too.  Keep on them and make sure you get the answers and things you need. <strong> It is VERY frustrating, and sic your FI on them if you have to. </strong> :)  Then, at the end of it all, make sure to post vendor reviews here on the board so everyone can see your experience - which is so helpful when brides are looking for vendors....
    Posted by shrades77[/QUOTE]

Strangely enough, my H would be more likely to use me as the power card. lol

But, with vendors that weren't working with me, I just... didn't work with them anymore.  Dropped them cold turkey.  When they emailed to find out what was going on, I told them their customer service wasn't what I was looking for.  However, I didn't run into this with the vendors I had already booked.  They were all fantastic.  I'll choose untried vendors sometimes because they're hungrier for the experience.

That being said, I always made sure to re-evaluate exactly what I was looking for from the vendor.  Was I being too demanding?  Did I expect too much?  What are the criteria I really need them to fulfill?  etc, etc.  I know weddings are stressful, so I try to make sure I'm not doing any foot stomping. haha :)  I'm not saying you're doing any of that, just that sometimes, I'd make sure to revisit what I'd said/done/wanted to make sure I hadn't been ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Overall it's going great and nothing is a big enough problem to cancel their services.  I got my dress at Bridal elegance and the worst experience I had with them was the day I bought the dress but since then they really have been great.  What kind of problems are you experiencing?

My reception location's coordinator is also impossible to get a hold of but my mother is a pit bull (in a good way lol) and she's paying so she made it clear that his behavior was unacceptable. 

I would suggest really putting your foot down and analyze what is important.  Are these vendor issues anything that could cause total chaos the day of?  If yes then I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.  You don't need that kind of stress.

Do you need any recommendations? 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had my fair share of experiences with people that were less than helpful.  I figured that if they were rude to me, or ignored me when I was just inquiring that I did not want to give them any of my money.  Ditto what Amoro said, drop them cold turkey.  Good luck!
    sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards