Georgia-Atlanta
Options

George Street Photography

I am considering using George Street Photography for my wedding. I was wondering if any of you have used them or are planning on using them?

I have seen their pictures and they are beautiful but the fact that they are so inexpensive worries me a little bit.

Any information would be great!!

Re: George Street Photography

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_george-street-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:f6d54088-b83c-4171-90eb-3f7c61354acePost:59db4786-7ec0-4065-9269-ceb9c94fa974">George Street Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am considering using George Street Photography for my wedding. I was wondering if any of you have used them or are planning on using them? I have seen their pictures and they are beautiful but the fact that they are so inexpensive worries me a little bit. Any information would be great!!
    Posted by katiesthilaire[/QUOTE]

We are planning to use them for our Nov. 3 wedding.  You view an online slideshow  where you look at different types of pics and they generate a profile for what kind of photography you like based on the pictures you picked from the slideshow.  Then they "match" you with 3 or 4 photographers and you view their portfolios, and select a photographer.  Their prices are lower because they have staff doing these meetings and the office work rather than the photographer, and they meet you in public places like starbucks instead of an office or studio.  The down side is that because we didn't book an engagement session we will not meet our photographer until the day of the wedding. 

We picked it because we felt we got a better quality photographer for the amount we were willing to spend.  I'm not worried about not having met the photographer, all their photographers have done 100+ weddings and everyone has been very professional. 

Do read your contract, there is a non-refundable deposit.  Also, if you do not order an album they can take a ridiculous amount of time to get your photos to you (maybe 12 weeks?) but if you order even the most basic album your turn around time is reduced to less than 6 weeks.

I will post reviews of all my vendors, including George Street, in late November if you can wait that long.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards