October 2012 Weddings

Bridesmaid gifts. Help!

I'm looking for a bm gift.
Something practical. I don't really think my girls want anything monogrammed or jewelry.
Help :

Re: Bridesmaid gifts. Help!

• lulu4150lulu4150 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    What is their favorite restaurant?  Do they like facials, pedis, massages?  You could get a gift card for one of those ideas plus maybe a nice picture frame with you guys together so its not so impersonal. 

Do they like wine?  You could get them a gift gard to a winery in your area and pack a basket with cheeses, glasses, wine, crackers etc.
  • It isn't too cheap to by them a gift card? I was thinking Maybe a care package?
  • The best BM gift I ever got was a gift card at a spa!
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I got my girls gift certificates to the spa where I'm having my mani/pedi done, jewelry they can choose to wear it at the wedding or not and bath stuff/candles.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I paid for some of their dresses and will pay for their hair and makeup. I am going to get them a small bag with flip flops in them to match their dresses for that night and any little things I find that may be needed for that day. I too didn't want to get them something they may never use. I know tose are things I wouldn't reuse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bridesmaid-gifts-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:44369191-9837-47b1-ae41-69e29e6d2083Post:f874bd90-7c82-4d49-9043-1a0701f26171">Re:Bridesmaid gifts. Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It isn't too cheap to by them a gift card? I was thinking Maybe a care package?
    Posted by Amytorres0[/QUOTE]

Gift cards can be seen as impersonal which is why I suggested getting something along with the gift card. Personally, I would love getting a gift card to a spa!
  • My bridesmaids are my sisters and I bought them each a clutch from etsy.  I made each one different to fit what they would like.  I plan on putting things inside each clutch like jewelry, lip gloss, etc. Etsy has seriously been my best friend throughout wedding planning because every shop I have worked with has customized things to my wishes.  I bought my bridesmaids/jr. bridesmaids gifts, hair comb, bridal necklace and bouqet locket on etsy and it has saved me time (and money!) not having to run all over town finding exactly what I like.
    Anniversary
    Missing our September Sunflower
    BFP 12/23/12: EDD 9/01/13: MMC 1/31/13, baby stopped growing at 8w2d. D&C 2/01/13
  • thank you all for the advice! I feel so much better about gifts now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards