Christian Weddings
Options

30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.

Let's see them, ladies! :)
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's a picture of FI and I, but whatever. :)
    1. Orange is one of my all time favorite colors.2. I've been told on more than one occasion that I'm too smart for my own good.3. I care more about other people than I do about myself. But I don't always let on to that right away.4. I'm seriously addicted to caffeine.5. I love music. Almost any time my computer is open I am listening to Pandora, Slacker, Grooveshark or iTunes.6. I'm a computer nerd. FI is getting a computer science minor and we met in a web design class in high school. :P7. I'm conflicted on the Mac VS PC debate. I have a PC but I own an iPad, iPod, and iPhone.8. Speaking of the iPhone: it's my baby. I change the case at least once a week and have over twenty different cases. It's an addiction.9. I'm don't eat gluten, dairy, or beef.10. My favorite place is have my quiet time with Jesus is in the sun room of my dorm at sunrise. Eastern WA has ridiculously amazing sunrises and sunsets.11. I considering texting a converstaion, but not Facebook IM.12. School has consumed my life for the last 5 or so years. I don't really remember what it's like to have a social life.13. I have terrible health. I'm always sick and I have way too many things wrong with me.14. Criminal Minds, Survivor, House, Teen Mom (yeah, guilty pleasure) and Law & Order: SVU is pretty much the only TV I watch.15. I strive to follow Jesus. But my life doesn't always look like that.
    Can't wait to read yours! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1. I eat M&Ms in rainbow color order, brown being first because it is my least favorite color.
    2. I have four tattoos, a cross, a 3 leaf clover (how St Patrick explained the trinity to the Irish) with the trinity symbol inside, "faith, hope, love" in Greek, and FHs name (first and middle).
    3. I want a puppy in the WORST way (and was going to be getting one today but FH wants us to wait and be married for a bit).
    4. I am addicted to popcorn.
    5. My current "drink" at Starbucks is a grande French vanilla iced coffee, light ice, light cream, 1 sweet and low (yes, I am a barista haha).
    6. I have two brothers.
    7. I studied Christian Ministries with a global ministry concentration at Messiah College.
    8. I really want to move back north; I miss the seasons.
    9. My favorite recent read is "The Scent of Rain and Lightning".
    10. My favorite Bible verse is Micah 6:8 (Look it up, I'm not making it that easy for you! hehe)
    11. I can't go more than a few days without talking to my mom, but she told me when I was 6 months old she could tell we weren't going to get along.
    12. I have terrible road rage (loudly in my car with the windows up so to not actually offend other drivers).
    13. I go to the gym 5 times a week for an hour or more each time.
    14. My favorite ice cream is Edy's Cappucino Chip blends.
    15. FH has nicknamed me Sprout because I wear green so much, particularly one of two identical green sleep t-shirts from Target.

I can't guarantee I can do the whole 30 day challenge since I don't have internet at home and usually just have my nook at work (which won't let me post on TK, boo!), but I will do as much as I can!
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

With mom at the beach.

1. I'm the oldest grandchild and have 12 first cousins on my mom's side of the family.
    2. On dad's side, there are 5 girls between my 92 year old great-grandmother and my 2 year old cousin.  There are 17 boys.  We're well protected.
    3. I turned a 4 year degree into 6, but if I had stayed on track, I never would have met Fletcher.
    4.  I am the most conservative person in my entire family (not just politically).
    5. I can NOT stand the sound of someone eating wth their mouth open or talking with their mouth full. 
    6. If I'm left alone long enough, all the books, movies, and spices in the cabinet will end up organized alphabetically.
    7. I LOVE to cook, but I'm not great at sharing "my" kitchen.
    8. One of my most vivid childhood memories is my grandma making chocolate pudding the night of the Duke/UNC games and letting me stay up late.  Coach K was a curse word in her house. ;)
    9. I love when praise bands take an old hymn and rock it out...and I love when the band just stops playing and all you hear are thousands of voices praising God.
    10. We're keeping the music for the wedding a total secret from everyone except the musician(s).  It's the one thing no one can tell us, "But it would be cheeper/easier/whatever if..."
    11. I've loved my FILs since I first met them, but I didn't realize how rare our relationship is until I came to TK.
    12. I made my first TK account in 10th grade.  One of my friends was planning on marrying her boyfriend that year and wanted me to plan the wedding.  They got married 2 1/2 years ago.  :)
    13. My aunt takes all of the "Bigs" (her daughter and cousins over 14) on "Birthday Adventure" every summer since she can't make it in for every single birthday.  We've gone to Canada, Virginia Beach, NYC, Maine, Vermont, Missouri, Graceland, Outer Banks, and they have been some of the best trips, especially in building my relationships with my brothers & cousins.
    14. I don't like being the center of attention.
    15. One of my biggest fears is miscarrying, losing a premie, or having a still birth.  All have happened to family members or very close friends within the last 3 years, and it freaks me out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check my sig for a photo, it's kinda cheating but oh well! ;) 1. Dancing is one thing I have never ever stopped loving. It truly is my biggest passion in life. 2. I never knew how strongly I could feel in a motherly way until I got my puppy last august. I truly feel like she is almost a child of mine and would do anything to protect her. I worry about how strong this is gonna be when I have actual kids! ;) 3. After getting my puppy, I realized how much I cared about dogs and my heart hurts to think about all the abandoned dogs out there. Some day I want to have my own farm no kill shelter for dogs. 4. I dream of moving to a warmer part of the country, but I love my family so much that I get scared to leave. 5. I'm a tv junkie but wasn't always that way, until I lived with a friend who wants to be an entertainment critic. Then I discovered the beauty of a dvr and now record about 20 shows a week. :) 6. My mom is my best friend. I seriously have no idea how I got so lucky. 7. I'm completely obsessed with baseball. I watch almost every mn twins game and try to go to as many games as I can. I get really riled up too!! 8. I think i want to help abused and in-need children in family law. Law school has been a challenge so far but I think I finally know my passion for a career! 9. I'm really tall. 5'11. It has downsides but I couldn't imagine being any shorter. 10. I used to hate country music, but after being with FI, I totally love it. 11. I'm a very picky eater. I wish I wasn't. 12. I'm really lazy in the morning and only wear makeup on special occasions. 13. I have a chocolate addiction, it's really bad. 14. If I could afford it, I would make fresh produce the majority of my diet because I love it so much! 15. I can't wait to find a church for FI and to settle down in and become members together.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011

1.  I grew up in upstate NY as a PK (pastor's kid)
    2.  My favorite place to be is at Grandma's house in the Adirondacks
    3.  I didn't meet my DH until I was almost 36 and we got married when I was 38.
    4.  DH is almost 5 years younger than me.
    5.  I have worked for the same company for 18 years.  I will probably work there until I decide to retire.
    6.  I went to Houghton College for my undergrad and Loyola College for my MBA.
    7.  I don't remember my life without Jesus as my savior.  He is everything to me.
    8.  I have 4 nieces and a nephew that I love to pieces.
    9.  When I was growing up I thought I wanted to move someday to Winnepeg, Manitoba or Colorado.  When I was 28, I moved to Colorado and lived there for 18 months.
    10. I love watching basketball games in person.  Someday I hope to live in NC and have season tickets to the NC State men's basketball games (DH is a HUGE fan).
    11. My dad has been pretty sick (heart disease) for almost 10 years.  I am so grateful to have him in my life but wish he didn't have to deal with chronic pain.
    12. I love to watch the Food Network and try new recipes but I am pretty healthy so there are a lot of recipes I won't try (e.g. Paula Deen's)
    13. DH wants cats and I don't.  I think he is going to win.
    14. I support Kenyan girls through Compassion and got to meet them in 2007.  It was an extremely emotional experience for me.
    15. I love to travel and have a goal to see all of the National Parks before I die.  My favorites so far are Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and I'll be there in September!  I also want to visit all 50 states and have been to 47 so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me in Cape May, NJ

1. I'm a web designer but I'd secretly like to be in fashion.
    2. I have had a recurring nightmare that my hairdresser won't show up to my wedding.
    3. My favorite music artist is Michael Buble
    4. I really love the color purple, and everyday I always find myself wearing something purple.
    5. I've been doing ballet and modern dance since I was 4 years old - and stopped right before I started college. I miss it terribly and yoga does not fill the void.
    6. If I let myself - I'd well up when I throw out a dead plant. It makes me SO sad when plants die.
    7. If I could live on hummus and blue chips forever, I would eat nothing else.
    8. I accepted Jesus Christ into my life when I was 5 years old, on January 26th, 1991. I vividly remember the day, and what I was wearing, saying, and where I was, even whose hand I held in the front of the church.
    9. I drive like a NYC taxi cab driver, because that's how I was taught.
    10. I own 7 vera bradley bags. It makes me feel ridiculous so I've hid them in the back of my closet.
    11. My favorite movie is Singin' in the Rain.
    12. I have a horrible addiction to Desperate Housewives! It's not as bad as its stereotype - but I've been watching it since day 1!!!
    13. When I first met FI in college - one of my first thoughts was "If I date him, I can wear high heels!" (I'm 5'7")
    14. I'm completely obsessed with grapefruit and cantelope. I ate an entire cantelope in one sitting last summer - which I will never do ever again... but I'm so glad I did :)
    15. I have a major pet peeve for people with personal space issues! I have been known to tell someone to step away, if they are standing too close in line and are a complete stranger. I say it nicely - not rudely.... so don't judge me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:5efb9fad-93c3-4d91-9932-39ecd04c9541">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.<strong> I eat M&Ms in rainbow color order, brown being first because it is my least favorite color</strong>. 2. I have four tattoos, a cross, a 3 leaf clover (how St Patrick explained the trinity to the Irish) with the trinity symbol inside, "faith, hope, love" in Greek, and FHs name (first and middle). 3. I want a puppy in the WORST way (and was going to be getting one today but FH wants us to wait and be married for a bit). 4.<strong> I am addicted to popcorn.</strong> 5. My current "drink" at Starbucks is a grande F<strong>rench vanilla iced coffee,</strong> light ice, light cream, 1 sweet and low (yes, I am a barista haha). 6. I have two brothers. 7. I studied Christian Ministries with a global ministry concentration at <strong>Messiah College.</strong> 8. I really want to move back north; I miss the seasons. 9. My favorite recent read is "The Scent of Rain and Lightning". 10. My favorite Bible verse is Micah 6:8 (Look it up, I'm not making it that easy for you! hehe) 11. I can't go more than a few days without talking to my mom, but she told me when I was 6 months old she could tell we weren't going to get along. 12. I have terrible road rage (loudly in my car with the windows up so to not actually offend other drivers). 13. I<strong> go to the gym 5 times a week for an hour or more each time.</strong> 14. My favorite ice cream is Edy's Cappucino Chip blends. 15. FH has nicknamed me Sprout because I wear green so much, particularly one of two identical green sleep t-shirts from Target. I can't guarantee I can do the whole 30 day challenge since I don't have internet at home and usually just have my nook at work (which won't let me post on TK, boo!), but I will do as much as I can!
    Posted by rachelea[/QUOTE]

Why didn't I know you when I was at Messiah?! We would've been good friends!!!!! haha :)
  • Options
    echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok since Im new to posting on this board Ill try to play along.....

1. I am Canadian
    2. I have natural red hair (always shocks people)
    3. I have 4 sisters  and am smack in the middle(FI has 3 brothers so its been interesting to see the different ways our families interact based on all boys or all girls)
    4.  I work for a Catholic Church as a Coordinator of Youth Ministry and love my job!! (most days)
    5. I want to be a writer!  I had a horrible english teacher in grade 10 who popped the balloon of my dreams of being a jouranlist/writter. But ill show her! (Crazy how one person can trample on your dreams or enable your dreams to come true)
    6. I have one niece and one nephew whom I absolutely adore and wish I could see more than once every month or two.
    7. I grew up playing hockey and was a goalie which has cause me to have terrible knee issues ever since! (I havent played in the past 3 years but I hope to if I change jobs that I have evenings off)
    8.I have no motivation to work out - even with the wedding fast approaching
    9. I want to go to Greece one day! My dream is to go as part of or before/after a Mediteranean cruise....one day...
    10. I want badly to have children....and lots of them....but FI had testicular cancer and had a testicle removed - that doesnt mean we wont have children but its a reality that we are aware of....we will have kids one day...either naturally or by adoption
    11. I currently live in FIs parents basement and CANNOT WAIT to get to move into our house in a month and a half! I'll move in middle of April and sleep in the guest room and then FI will move in when we get back from our HM.  I told him I would keep our bedroom for us!  So excited to have a place to call our home!
    12. I need coffee to survive mornings and some afternoons (trying to cut back)
    13. I think the tassimo machine is the dumbest invention EVER!! So expenxive for a cup of coffee!!!
    14.  I love working at summer camps and FI and I would LOVE to one day run/own a summer camp/retreat centre
    15.  I CANNOT wait! to marry FI!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. I'm Orthodox Christian.
    2. I'm born and raised in San Francisco.
    3. My seven-great-grandfather discovered the San Francisco Bay and my family has been there since.
    4. I lived in Greece without my parents at the age of 10.
    5. My fiance is Japanese-Brazilian.
    6. I met my fiance in Germany as a student abroad student.
    7. I live in Washington, DC now.
    8. I love pasta.
    9. I went to high school with one of the major cast members of GLEE.
    10. I'm going to law school in the fall.
    11. I want a job in the future where I can flash a cool government ID.
    12. I look at pictures of my wedding dress nearly every day.
    13. I'm getting married in three months.
    14. I love DC's cherry blossoms.
    15. I really like this board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't find a pic right now- so I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of a picture challenge, haha. But here are the facts anyway:

1. I teach first grade and I love it because I can act as goofy as I want and they don't think I'm weird. 
    2. I AM weird. In a fun and cool kinda way. 
    3. Dancing is my favorite thing ever. I did Dancing with the Teachers 2 years in a row because it's the only way I can dance at this point in my life.
    4. I hope to get my Zumba Instructor certification someday. It's expensive though, so not until after all the wedding expenses. 
    5. My dog, MJ, is so bad but I love him SO much! 
    6. I approached FI (at the time, he was just a co-worker) after a meeting during our first year of teaching. If I hadn't come up to him, we probably wouldn't be together because he's all business when it comes to work. 
    7. I am a girly girl. I love to wear dresses and heels and accessorize a lot. The only time you'll catch me in athletic apparel is at the gym or at an actual sporting event (I do like sports a lot, though!) 
    8. Eight is my favorite number- and we're getting married on July 8th! 
    9. If I wasn't a teacher, I would be a wedding planner- I love everything about weddings! 
    10. I am all about love- love of Jesus, family, friends and FI. You're way more likely to hear me say, "let's talk about this" rather than yell during an argument. 
    11. My middle name is Noel because I was born 4 days before Christmas
    12. I have a weakness for sweets- anything chocolate, ice cream, milkshakes (right now, Shamrock shakes from McDonald's!) and COOKIE DOUGH. I buy stuff to make chocolate chip cookies, but I don't put the dough in the oven to bake- I eat it raw and keep it in the fridge and eat some everyday until it's gone- which is horrible for you, but I love it! 
    13. I wish my church had more people our age who we could hang out with. It's hard to find people who share all of our beliefs and interests who are our age (wish you all lived near us!)
    14. I am very emotional! Whether something is happy or sad, I cry. I am a movie crier. Don't ever go to see a movie with me if you're not prepared to see my makeup smeared at the end. In fact, I cried at Toy Story 3 tonight! 
    15. I have a little brother who is 9 years younger than me. He is still in high school. He's awesome. Wish I had a sister. I always wanted one. I also always wanted a big family- I want 4 kids, FI wants 2... we'll see! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gjones- which Glee cast member did you go to high school with? Were you friends with him/her? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:1e36686d-1bd2-4cb6-8ecd-0c2d94d8f016">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]gjones- which Glee cast member did you go to high school with? Were you friends with him/her? 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

I too would like to know this answer.. haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1. i love love love taking pictures
    2. i make my bed before i crawl in it at night, but i don't in the morning
    3. my favorite christmas present this year was slippers from my FI
    4. my weakness is chocolate covered pretzels
    5. i used to have a pet rat growing up and i honestly kinda miss it
    6. i am graduating from multnomah bible college in may (its gone by so so fast!)
    7. i still run up the stairs from the basement (any basement..they freak me out)
    8. i love french fries!
    9. i've been to costa rica 3 times on missions trips and still haven't had enough of the place or the people
    10. i can more than likely quote at least half of the movie finding nemo
    11. my graduating class in high school was between 55-60 in a public school, and i couldn't have loved it more
    12. i love to dance! my FI taught me ballroom and i love love love it
    13. the church we're getting married in is the one i grew up in, and across the street from my elementary school
    14. i bite m&ms in half when i eat them (i try to see how clean/even of a cut i can get...haha)
    15. i love sweaters/jackets. i use portland's cold/rainy weather as my justification for owning so many
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:1e36686d-1bd2-4cb6-8ecd-0c2d94d8f016">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]gjones- which Glee cast member did you go to high school with? Were you friends with him/her? 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

Blaine, the new guy at the prep school Kurt is in love with.  He's actually two years younger than me, but we were both involved in the music department.  We weren't friends, but I knew who he was.  When I watched the episdoe where he debuted, I was like, "That guys looks sooooo much like Darren Criss!"  And it ended up being him.  He's actually not gay in real life (the girls seemed to love at school).  I actually was on a talking/say hi basis with his older brother who was in my year.  His older brother is famous, too (he's in an indie rock band).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At my dress fitting:

1.  I love Betty White.
    2.  I double majored in undergrad: chemistry and classical studies.
    3.  My future pets will be named after Civil War heros, opera characters, and cheese.  Except guinea pigs - the next ones wil lne Einstein and Oppenheimer.
    4.  I don't like wine.
    5.  I've never been to another continent.
    6.  I love looking at floor plans for houses.
    7.  I want to be Scarlett O'Hara for Halloween one year.
    8.  I part of a book club.
    9.  I want to buy new shorts.
    10.  I love Gone with the Wind.
    11.  I love teaching!
    12.  My favorite kind of cookie is oatmeal raisin.
    13.  I can't curl my hair.
    14.  Clark Gable is my favorite actor.
    15.  I miss kayaking with FI.  I want to live near water again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn - your dress is beautiful!  I made oatmeal cookie pancakes last weekend and they were my favorite pancakes I've ever had!!

Sarah - this was a great idea!  I'm loving reading everyone's responses and putting a face with the SN!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:c6dc0782-0dbf-4de3-b145-51ac4f114ea2">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1 : Blaine, the new guy at the prep school Kurt is in love with.  He's actually two years younger than me, but we were both involved in the music department.  We weren't friends, but I knew who he was.  When I watched the episdoe where he debuted, I was like, "That guys looks sooooo much like Darren Criss!"  And it ended up being him.  He's actually not gay in real life (the girls seemed to love at school).  I actually was on a talking/say hi basis with his older brother who was in my year.  His older brother is famous, too (he's in an indie rock band).
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

That's too funny! I love his voice - he sings amazingly!
  • Options
    I'm late but I know you ladies won't mind.  :P

My sister and I picking up our dress for my wedding!!  (She's MOH on left)

1 - I LOVE my dog and cat.  Like, insane love.
    2 - I love nature and warm sunny days.
    3 - My favorite pop is Dr. Pepper and won't drink anything else hardly.
    4 - I love the Cosby Show and Bill Cosby and try to watch the two episodes on tv at 1 pm M-F every time.  :)
    5 - I always strive to be a nicer, more understanding person.
    6 - I love dancing and singing.
    7 - I STILL jump on the bed - not like jump on the bed jump on the bed, but like I turn off the light, walk to the bed, and hop up on it into the middle.  FI laughed at me one time when I did it after I watched a creepy CSI - and then he went to bed.  Grrr!! 
    8 - I love my grandma to pieces!!!  She's absolutely adorable and my favorite person in the whole world (besides FI) - but I'm so scared she's not going to survive more than 5 years from now.
    9 - I love Gone With The Wind - although the ending bums me out.  :P
    10 - I'm almost always cold.
    11 - I love shoes and boots.
    12 - I love chocolate - by itself, as ice cream, or cake.  It's amazing.
    13 - I love taking pictures of nature mostly - people's ok, but nature makes perfect photos.
    14 - I love making people laugh (especially my grandma!!). 
    15 - I love John Wayne!!  And all the movies he's in.  :)
    16 - Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire are my favorite dancers - along with Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland, and some Rita Hayworth.
    17 - I love salad with crutons, hard boiled egg, bacon bits, crackers, chicken, cheese, and LOTS of ranch dressing.  I LOVE ranch!!
    18 - I secretly love my Miss Me jeans (even though they're expensive) and want another pair.  :P
    19 - I love DIY, arts and crafts, and art in general.
    20 - I love when FI kisses my forehead and plays with my hair.  :)

Ok so I just realized I'm only suppose to put 15 - sorry!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:ef3f9fa3-cb3e-4e96-9ea9-2395beb65065">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]At my dress fitting: <strong>1.  I love Betty White.</strong> 2.  I double majored in undergrad: chemistry and classical studies. 3.  My future pets will be named after Civil War heros, opera characters, and cheese.  Except guinea pigs - the next ones wil lne Einstein and Oppenheimer. 4.  I don't like wine. 5.  I've never been to another continent. 6.  I love looking at floor plans for houses. 7.  I want to be Scarlett O'Hara for Halloween one year. 8.  I part of a book club. 9.  I want to buy new shorts. 10.  I love Gone with the Wind. 11.  I love teaching! 12.  My favorite kind of cookie is oatmeal raisin. 13.  I can't curl my hair. 14.  Clark Gable is my favorite actor. 15.  I miss kayaking with FI.  I want to live near water again!
    Posted by jenn.daniel[/QUOTE]

Yes!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

me and FH on my birthday (May 8, 2010...which is when he will be home this year! 

1) my favorite color is pink
    2) i consider myself a TOTAL girly girl
    3) in my old apartment i used to listen to music and dance while getting ready (i stopped this when i moved in with FI's family..but plan to do it again when we move in together after the wedding)
    4) I have 2 younger brothers who are twins and 3 years younger than me, and an older sister (moh) who is 14 years older then me. i have a neice who is 16 (MOH) and a nephew who is 4 (13 year age difference). i do not plan on this "tradition" lol.
    5) i am OBSESSED with lip gloss! i HATE for my lips to feel dry (and as in dry..i mean not moist.)
    6) Burt's Bees is the ONLY lip balm i will use. (my new obsession is Burt's Nourishing Lip Balm with mango butter)
    7) my hair is soo think and it takes me HOURS to blow dry and straighten it.
    8) when i first met FI i wasn't too sure about him. lol. 
    9) i love live music, museums, art galleries, and theater. 
    10) I was a cheerleader for all 4 years of high school and miss it TERRIBLY! (i graduated in 2005)
    11) No matter what size of drink i buy at starbucks i can rarely finish all of it. 
    12) Eating meat off of the bone truly creeps me out and i can't do it,
    13) I don't think i want to live in this town for forever...but i can't imagine leaving my church.
    14) Chuck Norris lived in my hometown. I went to school with his Stepson and his Sister-in-law was my cheer coach. We saw Chuck often and he was even a chaperone on my senior trip.
    15) I think that Mochi from Trader Joes is the best dessert ever!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:d0501471-0685-4d59-aef2-9eb235ea1e4e">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenn - your dress is beautiful!  I made oatmeal cookie pancakes last weekend and they were my favorite pancakes I've ever had!! Sarah - this was a great idea!  I'm loving reading everyone's responses and putting a face with the SN!!
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Can you post your recipe?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lilies- May 8th is my FI's birthday, too! And pink is my favorite color and I am obsessed with lip gloss AND eating meat off the bone creeps me out, too! haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oatmeal Pancakes

Mash 2 ripe bananas - set aside

Combine:
    1 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine separately:
    3/4 cup light sour cream or yogurt
    3/4 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Stir the two sets of ingredients together just until combined.  Stir in mashed banana and the following:

2 T. melted butter
    3/4 cup raisins 
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Let mixture sit for about 15-20 minutes so that oatmeal begins to absorb wet ingredients.

Brush a hot skillet with butter.  Cook pancakes (about 1/3 cup) until bubbles start to form on the top.  Turn and cook the other side.

I didn't add raisins or walnuts because we don't care for them in baked goods.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I just realized I misspelled picture in the subject. Oops...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_30-day-pictue-challenge-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:045f67d6-8d72-4ce4-9fd0-ab41625ec69fPost:b2c60042-093f-4d32-a512-9190d598c778">Re: 30 Day Pictue Challenge - Day 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]lilies- May 8th is my FI's birthday, too! And pink is my favorite color and I am obsessed with lip gloss AND eating meat off the bone creeps me out, too! haha
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>haha!! i feel like we are almost twins! i love it!</div><div>
    </div><div>ya...it funny because i was meeting with my caterer and at first they said "thighs and legs" and i was TOTALLY disappointed..but then when i actually sat down with them she said she didn't like meat on the bone! lol. </div><div>
    </div><div>its us girly girls i swear! (;

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha I think so! 
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm a few days behind, but I'll play along too. ;)

with my baby sister (on the left) in Disneyland

1. I LOVE to bake - I do creative cupcakes that look like other things, such as pies or popcorn.
    2. I am a huge fan of MGM musicals - especially the ones from the 50's with Gene Kelly and Judy Garland
    3. I have tried just about every dance style out there at least once.

3. I still have one baby tooth left.
    4. I get annoyed by errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation (like incorrect use of apostrophes), especially on public signs and notices.
    5. I'm allergic to celery. (Weird, huh?)

6. I cannot whistle.

7. I can only wink my left eye, which DH loves to tease me about.

8. My favorite snack combo is Cheetos and Mike and Ike.

9. I typed out the entire dictionary in college, because I wanted to know how frequently each letter occured. I know, I'm such a nerd!
    10. I still have paper dolls and coloring books. They're my guilty child-like pleasure.

11. I love anything created by Joss Whedon.
    12. I absolutely stink at video games, but I keep trying anyways because DH loves having me play them with him.

13. I never really did sports when I was young, but since I met DH, I'm learning basketball, disc golf, skiing, and more - and I LOVE it!
    14. I can't wait to have kids with DH!
    15. I love my in-laws. Really, I do. A lot. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards