Massachusetts-Boston
Options

wedding albums?

Hi everyone....so we've met w/2 photographers, Scott Metzger and Keith Berry...they're both very nice, personable, professional, etc,however, we both like the more traditional albums, which Scott M. has....Berry Photos doesn't offer these album styles....Berry Photos has the albums that look more like yearbooks, that's really the only way I can describle them..the photos are beautiful and he does great work, but we're just not thrilled w/that type of album....

what album style did you go with?  Did anyone meet w/1 or both of these photographers?

How many photographers should we meet with before deciding?

What is the average cost for a wedding photographer?

Re: wedding albums?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Scott and I truly cannot say enough good things about him.  He was my favorite vendor.  We got married in December and he was laying in the snow to get the shots!  I absolutely adore him!

I was torn with the album, but ended up getting the traditional album.  It just feels important when you take out that big leather album.  It just feels special!  I also knew that I would probably end up making another album for myself at some point.  When I do this, there are plenty of quality sites where I can make my own coffee table album (I believe that's what it's called?). I do not regret getting the traditional album at all!
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and as for how many photographers- I researched a ton, I dont even know how many.  I emailed/chatted on the phone with 5 and met with 2.  I kind of feel like we had the same feeling people have about their dress with our photographer.  We both got in the car after meeting him, and said we need to book him!  We did meet with one other, but we still felt the same way.
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Inarey, I sent you a private message too.....
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like them both but like the traditional album, go with Scott.

I researched MANY photographers online, but we only met with 2 in person.  We LOVED the first one we met with, but i had an appt the next day with another so we met with her.  After meeting the second, we immediately booked the first one that we loved.  We just knew right away that she was going to be perfect (and she was!).

I foudn with a lot of our vendors, we kenw pretty quickly who we wanted to book.  Go with your gut. If you still feel like you need to shop around some more before you are ready to sign a contract, then do it.  If not, then just sign and be done with it!

I also considered this:  how upset would you be if you found out Scott booked another wedding for your day?  If you would be raelly unhappy, that means you probably really want to book him.

Average photographer costs range a LOT, so don't think of it that way, thnk about who fits your budget.

I personally was happier with the more modern album, but if you like traditional, go wtih what you like!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also used Scott and absolutely loved working with him.  I actually have a link to our album proof in my bio (under Vendor Reviews right below review for Scott - link for slideshow he made for us is also there).  I agree with you, I like the traditional album much more than the "yearbook" style.  Scott actually offers both types, so you do get versatility with him.  HTH!
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards