Texas-San Antonio
Options

10 days to go and no caterer...I think

So...10 days to go and I think my caterer is out of business and never told me. Apparently, they are having another caterer cook and serve everything...I think. No one will get back to me now and when we were in contact, before I had a clue, they kept raising prices.

I live out of state and have my venue working on this ordeal, but anyone have any suggestions on how to find a caterer in 10 days? I don't know what game plan I should go by. Time is ticking...I haven't flipped my lid yet. Too many thing going on in the world to truly act like it is the end of the world. But what do I do...I still need to feed people. Many of then also making a very expensive trip out of town.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: 10 days to go and no caterer...I think

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try Absolutely Delicious?  They are reasonably priced and cater around town.  I have been to severl parties catered by them and will likely end up with them catering my wedding. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Heavenly Gourmet.  Speak with Perla, she is great!  I hope they can help you.  Rest assure their food is at a great price and delicious.  Good Luck!  So sorry that happened to you.  Do you mind saying who they are so we can prevent other brides from the same thing?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also try Heavenly Gourmet.  We went there for a sampling of their foods about 2-3 weeks ago.  We were really pleased with both the food samplings and their prices!  If you want more specifics about the food we tried, prices given, etc. feel free to message me! Wink
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You should use Zio's.  Its an italian food restraunt.  They do full service catering.  I contacted them yesterday and we did our tasting today.  The food is excellent and the catering manager Sami Lasseter-Perez was a pleasure to meet with.  She was extremely helpful, answered our questions, gave additional advice, and even referred us to a bakery for our wedding cake & groom's cake. 

The best way to reach her is via e-mail:   slasseter@zios.com

Her cell phone is (210) 862-8452.

Hope this helps... good luck! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ps.  They have the best Italian food in town! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't you have a contract? Who are you using? Maybe one of us has heard something about them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please don't hesitate to give Feedback Catering a try. I booked my wedding with them and they are VERY reasonable and also very willing to give you a great deal. They have nothing but great reviews. T

heir number is 210-270-8999, they'll get you taken care of.
  • Options
    intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What does everyone see in that heavenly gourmet, the food to me at the wedding I was at tasted like nursing home stuff and the salad was very wilted, but the staff was soo bad it seemed like they had never wait staffed before. I'd try The Wedding Studio catering the food is much better and they are really great on price, but you better hustle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely Delicious is legit!  And the lady who owns it cooks for a lot of huge companies in San Antonio on a daily basis, so she's prepared for large orders, quick and last minute-just depends on what's going on that week.  I can tell you the food is awesome and th eprices are good for what you're getting.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Make sure to speak with the owner though, the regular reps aren't always most helpful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok i keep hearing that this absolutely delicious place is so wonderful but my parents checked them out and while their food was pretty good they're wanting to charge $7k for 125 people and they're including stuff like a $400 change over fee because our ceremony and reception are in the same room but we're already paying the venue $300 for that.......maybe i'm way off on what a good price is for catering but to me it's all a bit ridiculous!

Mrs. Vail 11.11.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards