Getting in Shape
Options

Starting Camp Gladiator tomorrow...

On a whim, I registered for Camp Gladiator last week as the next 4-week session starts tomorrow.  I'm hoping that they can kick my butt into gear as we near our wedding date (5/25/12).  Between school, working full-time, familiy crises, and everythng else, I have yet to take care of myself and lose weight like I promised myself I would do before the wedding a year ago.  I've lost 10lbs but it's not enough to make my dress fit the way I had wanted it to.  It's still pretty snug around the hips.

Anyone have any expereince with CG or advice to offer?  Do you think its possible if I do CG sessions 5x per week that the dress will fit a little better by mid-May?  Definitely cleaned up the diet, and I'll be going from absolutely no working out to working out 5x per week.
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Starting Camp Gladiator tomorrow...

• Options
    If you're going from not working out at all to working out 5x per week, I caution you to take it easy when you need to.  That's a huge jump, and I'd hate for you to get injured so close to your wedding.

Also, be careful how much weight you lose--it would suck for you to lose too much this close to the wedding.  Can your seamstress let it out in the hips at all, ust in case?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_starting-camp-gladiator-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c7110b02-1f1a-4e5f-95c2-28c60bb86feePost:03d62e70-f0ae-480b-ad51-05c248f119a4">Re: Starting Camp Gladiator tomorrow...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're going from not working out at all to working out 5x per week, I caution you to take it easy when you need to.  That's a huge jump, and I'd hate for you to get injured so close to your wedding. Also, be careful how much weight you lose--it would suck for you to lose too much this close to the wedding.  <strong>Can your seamstress let it out in the hips at all, ust in case?</strong>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Should be able to do, I think, but I don't meet with her for two more weeks. </div><div>
    </div><div>I will probably start with just 3x next week and then go up from there.  I know CG is for all fitness levels so you can modify it to whatever you need, so I'm hoping it won't be killer.  I have been told it is really challenging, though.  We'll see what happens!  I am 172lb now and should be at 145lb, so I would think I could lost 2" or so off my hips in that time frame, but we'll soon find out. :)</div>
  • Options
    I did CG in Addison and it kicked my butt. I only did it twice a week, and mama was sore.
    I agree to start with 3 times a week and build up.

I'm out of shape so it might be better for you than for me. We would run a lap or two first, and then start the work out. It was the longest hour of my life, but by the end of the first camp I was in better shape for sure.

You will enjoy it, but it will beat your butt. Good Luck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_starting-camp-gladiator-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c7110b02-1f1a-4e5f-95c2-28c60bb86feePost:917bf334-d299-4481-8928-08c633ed1626">Re: Starting Camp Gladiator tomorrow...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did CG in Addison and it kicked my butt. I only did it twice a week, and mama was sore. I agree to start with 3 times a week and build up. I'm out of shape so it might be better for you than for me. We would run a lap or two first, and then start the work out. It was the longest hour of my life, but by the end of the first camp I was in better shape for sure. You will enjoy it, <strong>but it will beat your butt</strong>. Good Luck.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I know... I need that though.  I do so much better when I have ot be accountable to others.  I don't need to be able to just pause the DVD or go run and grab a drink of water when I decide I can't push any harder.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm out of shape too... big time.  I used to be so fit, and its really depressing where I'm at now.  I let myself slide.  As in gained-40-lbs-before-I-knew-it type of slide.  Bleh.  Thanks for the feedback and the encouragement! :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards