Colorado-Denver
Options

Hard to reach vendors...

So I may be newly engaged, but I really on the ball as far as planning goes and have already booked many vendors for my big day.  However, I'm having a problem with a certain vendor. I haven't even officially hired her and she hasn't returned the two emails and one phone call I've left her in the past week.
My question is...if this is the treatment you get before you even hire them, would you risk signing a contract with them in hopes that they would get better as the time goes along?

Specifically...I'm talking about Girls with Curls makeup and hair.  Anyone have a bad experience with them?  Does anyone recommend someone?  I'm looking for someone to travel to my location on my wedding to do hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hard to reach vendors...

• Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no experience with that vendor specifically but I can speak from my own experience with vendors for my wedding last fall.  If you aren't getting timely responses now I wouldn't sign a contract.  Vendors should be eager to respond & they should show you that they want your money!  Find someone else who responds to your emails/calls & shows you that they deserve the contract!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that I would not hire a vendor who didn't get back to me promptly.  If they're stressing you out now, imagine what it will be like to work with them closer to the wedding.  Go with someone who is excited for your business.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the only reason i would say that they wouldn't get back to you THIS time of year is because of the nine zillion june weddings

but other than that, they should want your business............
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not sign any contract unless you get the customer service you expect and deserve straight from the get go.  People may be busy with all of the June weddings, but being busy should NEVER effect your customer service.  I work in a very customer service driven industry (I'm an insurance underwriter) and I tell you what, if you do not return a phone call or email within 24hrs, regardless of how slammed you may be...that's jsut poor service and does not reflect well upon your company or your standards as a business person!  But that is just my humble opinion...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I refuse to sign a contract with a vendor who has poor customer service.

If it's a privetly owned company and they are the owners and you can't get anyone higher then them then i would skip signing with them.

If they are just an employee and you can talk to a manager to see why your not getting the responces then I would try to talk with a Manger/Owner to see if they can help you and maybe get that employee in line ( they might have no idea the employee is not returning calls/emails.)

Best of luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP! Don't sign with vendors that don't get back to you and stress you out BEFORE the REAL stress begins!

On a side note, we are date twins!  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I know logically I probably should sign with her, but I love her stuff and she came highly recommended to me....so I'm torn.  I finally heard back from her  and we have a phone interview coming up so I guess I'll see how it goes!

Soon 2 B Pierce....Yay!  Where are you getting married?  Congrats!  I've met one other person with my date, and it's awesome how you feel an instant comraderie!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you and congrats right back at ya! We are getting married at The Tapestry House in LaPorte (right outside Fort Collins). Where are you two getting married? It is amazing how you feel an instant comraderie with date twins! It's great to have someone who is on a similar time frame for everything wedding related! I look forward to sharing wedding stuff over the next 344 days!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Arrowhead Golf Course in Roxbourough State Park.  so excited!  The Tapestry House looks great on their website.  I didn't get to tour it in person bc I found Arrowhead and fell in love!  But it will be beautiful, I'm sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards