New Hampshire
Options

Happy New Year/Decade Poll!

As the year and decade comes to an end...

What are some things that marked your year and/or decade?

Re: Happy New Year/Decade Poll!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Buying a house was huge (and surreal).  Truly, that was big for me, even more so than the wedding I think.  I think being an Army Brat all my life took it's toll, and now I have a place I can call "home" finally.  All in all, a pretty good 10 years.Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should probably answer my own poll while I watch the NYE coverage...

Lots of good and bad this decade, but I'll focus on the good...3 degrees (yes, I include HS, hahaha), meeting FI and getting engaged, moving out on my own, getting Tessie, getting a "big girl job," and buying my own brand new car (my first "adult" accomplishment!).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm this was a BIG decade ... lets see... 

Graduated H.S., Got my mother out of a bad situation, graduated college, Met DH, moved out, bought a car, financially supported myself, got married ... and now Im planning the next ten years of my life! Bigger things to come. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh. To think when I started this decade I was half-way through my Freshman year of HS!

I'm 2 classes away from a college degree, I have an apartment, started dating DH, engaged to DH, 6 years later I'm married to DH and now I have a baby girl (yikes!) on the way!
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow it has been a busy decade! Like a lot of you I have:

Graduated HS and College, met FI, moved to Canada, got twin sisters born on my 18th Birthday, bought my own car, "got a big girl job", adopted our cat "Xander", made some amazing friends, traveled a lot including my first trip to the Middle East and got engaged!

Looking forward to what the next decade has in store!!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That's a great question.
    Let's see...
    I also graduated HS, have most of my degree complete, started having to pay bills (booo!), and of course, got engaged.
    Something tells me the next decade is going to be even better.  Smile
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe that it's 2010 already.

In the past decade I've gotten my drivers license, met FI, graduated High School & College, moved out of my parents house, got my own place, got a "real" job, bought a car and got engaged. 

Last night I was recalling past New Years Eve with friends, I've spent 7 New Year Eves with FI. They've all gone by so fast. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let's see:
    8 jobs (yeah, I'm a job hopper)
    2 degrees (BA and MBA)
    3 Boyfriends
    1 condo
    1 cat (monkey)
    1 epic wedding
    1 husband
    and 1 Baby Lobstah on the way.
    Surely, the next decade will be much calmer... right??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards