November 2013 Weddings

Running out of time??

I cannot believe I have been engaged for 7 months already !! i honestly was in no rush to start planning my wedding because we had about a 2 yr engagement before the actual day.but now i am starting to freak out. How far along are you girls in planning?? I just bought my gown last week..booked the photographer/videographer a couple of weeks ago, and of course have my venue and ceremony booked.  the day is 11.30.13. i hope i am just over-thinking things like usual :) 

Re: Running out of time??

• edited July 2012
    You are fine, girl! It's always normal to be over excited!! Just take deep breaths, we have a ways to go!  Wink

However, it doesn't hurt to get thigns done early...My wedding date is 11.12.13 and I have my dress bought and venue booked for both ceremony and reception...I am in the process of booking photographer/videographer but I had to leave a voice mail Cry Kinda impatient, but I know it'll all be done soon!!

What are your colors? Do you have a theme? I'm so excited for you!!
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh man! I have only been engaged for 2 months and already I wish that the engagement were shorter! (Don't wanna move it up though because I love November weddings and we won't be able to swing it this year schedule wise...) BUT yes, you'll be fine :) You have plenty of time still.

Honestly I just keep reminding myself that most people aren't engaged over a year (...right?)... I mean so there are TONS of couples who will be getting married next November, who aren't even engaged yet. My cousin is getting married in 2 weeks and she just got engaged in December -- I have a really good friend who I think is getting engaged sometime this summer, and they'll probably have their wedding before us -- we've really just got plenty of time :) 

Now, when it gets to be single-digit months, then maybe I'll start getting super anxious, haha!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_running-out-of-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:bda89734-2010-4fed-9c60-652fa536278bPost:066b2a22-375a-4928-86c4-824bda4d8a75">Running out of time??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot believe I have been engaged for 7 months already !! i honestly was in no rush to start planning my wedding because we had about a 2 yr engagement before the actual day.but now i am starting to freak out. How far along are you girls in planning?? I just bought my gown last week..booked the photographer/videographer a couple of weeks ago, and of course have my venue and ceremony booked.  the day is 11.30.13. i hope i am just over-thinking things like usual :) 
    Posted by miishxo[/QUOTE]
    You are were we are planning wise, except my photographer doesnt come with a video person I need to book that seperate. You will be fine. I would look at florists next. Thats were I am at. Some florists are small and cant do more then one wedding a day, so I would start to atleast look. I also called limo companies today to get prices. They said book them early jan 2013. So you are doing good. I have my dress also. I am doing bridesmaids in dec, but only bc everyone is here them. Otherwise we would be looking at dresses with people from out of state it would be hard. If it wasnt for that I would be looking in Feb march to buy by march. You are fine in planning dont stress!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_running-out-of-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:bda89734-2010-4fed-9c60-652fa536278bPost:9e6e6c04-d2fe-4812-bea5-2b5cce078a15">Re: Running out of time??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man! I have only been engaged for 2 months and already I wish that the engagement were shorter! (Don't wanna move it up though because I love November weddings and we won't be able to swing it this year schedule wise...) BUT yes, you'll be fine :) You have plenty of time still. Honestly I just keep reminding myself that most people aren't engaged over a year (...right?)... I mean so there are TONS of couples who will be getting married next November, who aren't even engaged yet. My cousin is getting married in 2 weeks and she just got engaged in December -- I have a really good friend who I think is getting engaged sometime this summer, and they'll probably have their wedding before us -- we've really just got plenty of time :)  Now, when it gets to be single-digit months, then maybe I'll start getting super anxious, haha!
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

It depends a lot on were you live. I am in Jersey and no one here has had less then a year engagement. Except my one cousin and they arent going crazy with there wedding. Most engagement here are 1 and half to two years. Places here book up quick. If you get married certian times of the year it may be hard to find a place or get the place you want. I have already had a photographer tell me she had already booked my date. I am in Jersey though and things here seem to go faster and engagements longer bc of things being booked. So it depends were you live. You'll be fine bc most places dont need two years to book like they do here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_running-out-of-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:bda89734-2010-4fed-9c60-652fa536278bPost:2c44192b-a4a7-419a-a109-a9c27f77ae96">Re: Running out of time??</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are fine, girl! It's always normal to be over excited!! Just take deep breaths, we have a ways to go!  However, it doesn't hurt to get thigns done early...My wedding date is 11.12.13 and I have my dress bought and venue booked for both ceremony and reception...I am in the process of booking photographer/videographer but I had to leave a voice mail  Kinda impatient, but I know it'll all be done soon!! What are your colors? Do you have a theme? I'm so excited for you!!
    Posted by princesscastillo325[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Lol 11.12.13!?  i LOVE that!!  my color scheme is burgundy, black, and silver.. Not at all what i ever picutred my wedding to be..it just kind of fell that way.. lol i love the color burgundy and it goes great with a holiday season scheme, i think. What are your colors?? </div>
  • thank you girls for calming me down a little..lol the next thing i was going to look at were the girls dresses and the flowers! I have an idea for the flowers...the dresses are stressing me out a little though..but thats all the fun in planning.. huh? lol 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_running-out-of-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:bda89734-2010-4fed-9c60-652fa536278bPost:e5a5f594-d78d-450a-888b-31f05f564ff3">Re: Running out of time??</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you girls for calming me down a little..lol the next thing i was going to look at were the girls dresses and the flowers! I have an idea for the flowers...the dresses are stressing me out a little though..but thats all the fun in planning.. huh? lol 
    Posted by miishxo[/QUOTE]
    Once you talk to a florist you'll change your mind! I did, I have a florist appt tomorrow morning, sure ill get even more confused. I dont want to do dresses either. My MOH and I r going to pick around 3 to 4 dresses for the girls to try on, then we can all make a choice from the 3 or 4 ive picked. This way they have a choice but it doesnt take forever and more then likely most of them will be happy. Or as happy as they can be.
  • I have 2 different venues that we're deciding between (Hip & Different or Swanky & Elegant?), I've got my dress, he's got his kilt, I need alterations, he needs a jacket. I know how I'll be getting my flowers, I know (probably) who I'm getting my cake from. I think right now, I know roughly who all of my vendors will be, and now I just have to wait until closer and save up more money.
  • We're almost done with our planning.  We've booked our venue (and they are handling the food), the photographer, and the DJ.  We're not doing flowers.  I've already bought my dress.  I know who will be doing my hair and make up.  I'm finishing up our favors and centerpieces tonight.  We already have our STD's and invitations printed.  Basically we're just hoarding wedding related stuff until next year.  We don't have much left to do our decide, which should make the rest of our engagment relatively stress free.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards