Flowers

Flowers costs!

Hey ya'll I booked my florist over the summer giving them the details of what I wanted for the bridesmaidsand myself. My mind is changing now, which was bound to happen, I know. Im happy with my florist and know that no matter what I choose, they are the cheapest in my hometown. My only problem is that I do not know what it might cost me if I decide to change from what I have to what I want now. Right now my boquet consists of red dahlias, alstro, roses, and cala lillies. My bridesmaids have 5 red dahlias (no greenery). After looking up some ideas though I want to change the bridesmaid's to red peonies, ranunculus, and alstro. And mine I want to change out the dahlias for the ranunculus and peonies. Or maybe just the peonies. Doe anyone know what the difference in cost of Peonies, Ranunculus, and Dahlias are? Or if those flowers are even attainable in June? Please help.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: Flowers costs!

• Ask your florist. Peonies are a flower that grows on a bush. Their blooming season in the northern climates can vary from late April - mid June, depending on the winter & spring that just occurred. Florists can generally get them, but the cost may be more than you want to pay. Your florist probably cannot give you an accurate price until about a month or two before your wedding. If you can be comfortable with the possibility that they may be very expensive, then go ahead and let the florist know.

If it were me in your shoes, I'd probably give the florist a budget figure of $x for my bouquet, and $x dollars per bridesmaid bouquet, with your 1st preference, then 2nd preference. You will be at the mercy of Mother Nature, along with the florist.

Good luck.
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flowers-costs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:b4eb2f2f-64f3-42ba-9bb5-aa6d640c5eb1Post:9fc6acf3-6fce-44bb-bc23-5dff01900fb5">Flowers costs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ya'll I booked my florist over the summer giving them the details of what I wanted for the bridesmaidsand myself. My mind is changing now, which was bound to happen, I know. Im happy with my florist and know that no matter what I choose, they are the cheapest in my hometown. My only problem is that I do not know what it might cost me if I decide to change from what I have to what I want now. Right now my boquet consists of red dahlias, alstro, roses, and cala lillies. My bridesmaids have 5 red dahlias (no greenery). After looking up some ideas though I want to change the bridesmaid's to red peonies, ranunculus, and alstro. And mine I want to change out the dahlias for the ranunculus and peonies. Or maybe just the peonies. Doe anyone know what the difference in cost of Peonies, Ranunculus, and Dahlias are? Or if those flowers are even attainable in June? Please help.
    Posted by brittblaz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm just curious, did your florist tell you that they could definitely get you dahlia's for your June wedding (assuming the date in your bio was correct)? I had a late July wedding, and fell in love with dahlias but my florist told me that getting a hold of dahlias would difficult and couldn't guarantee it since they bloom in the late summer/fall. In the end I chose different flowers. 
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I believe in general that peonies are a more expensive flower. Like PP said above, they have a very small growing season and are very dependent on the weather from that year for when they bloom. They are more expensive, but the blooms are quite large, so you may need less of them than other flowers, which could offset the cost - though I'm not positive on that one. </div><div>
    </div><div>And don't feel bad about changing your mind on the flowers. Each time I met with our florist I had different ideas. Probably comes from spending too much time on Pinterest. Fortunately he graciously put up with me. A good florist will help make your vision come alive to the best of their ability. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards