New Hampshire
Options

RSVP Vent...

I will never understand why people cannot just check off a box on a card and put it back in a self-addressed/self-stamped envelope.....really people, is it that much to ask??? 

4 days to go and 24 people still haven't responded.....ughhhh!!!!

EDIT:  On a happier note.....hair and makeup trial on 8/18 and final meeting with the DJ on 8/15.  Going with ring bearer to get him fitted for tux this Saturday.  The guys are doing the bachelor party (paintball and then to a club in the evening), on 8/20.  Bachelorette party on 8/27, (limo to Boston!).
September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
imageimage
Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
Anniversary

Re: RSVP Vent...

• Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of great things coming up, have fun!

Also, keep in mind the post office rant from last month....it's entirely possible your guests HAVE sent the RSVPs back, they just haven't gotten to you yet!  Think positive, and be glad it's not the majority of your guest list!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aren't the RSVPs fun?...Ok, yeah, not really! Our issue has been people who RSVPd yes and then calling us this week (yup..less than 7 days before!) to say they can't make it because they have something else to do! Argh people! Just say no...it is totally fine when there is a head count involved! :)

Great checks! The hair trial was so fun for me! It is so relaxing to have someone play with your hair!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 20 people we still needed to hear from the day after our RSVP deadline.  It's very frustrating;.  I would definitely suggest waiting 2-3 day before getting in touch with people, if you can.  We had quite a few just come in the mail, and it was that many people I didn't have to get in touch with. Of course, there were a handful that didn't come shortly after, but it was fewer. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhhhhhh tell me about it.  I hate RSVP's!!!!!
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1 day until RSVP deadline, and now we're down to 12 who haven't responded.
    imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Today's the deadline...now only 7 pp to chase down!

imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give 'em another day or two before you start calling; in my family, an RSVP date is a "send by" date, not a "receive by."  I bet it'll cut that 7 down even further :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards