Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid Dress Frustrations

I am having the hardest time trying to find a dress for my MOH and bridesmaid. My wedding is in October, and there really isn't enough time to order one from a traditional bridal shop. Plus, we want something a little different, maybe more casual or whatever. We are getting married in a barn and having a bbq. It's at a historic park. Anyhow, I am looking for nice denim dresses, or at least dark blue dresses.

The problem? I have one girl who is small- a size 10. And one is larger- a size 20 or 22. Ack! It makes it very difficult to find a dress for both.

I don't know if I'm asking for help or just venting. Yell
Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Frustrations

• Why not just tell them to each find a blue dress and let it be it?  Like you said, you don't have all that much time.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've had good luck at David's bridal in situations like this. I think mixing and matching makes for a more casual look. Lots of places have a six week rush for certain styles so if you wanted to go for a certain look, just be up front.

Or just you can ask each of them to find a blue dress in a certain style/shade, etc.

Or try a seamstress. You still have lots of options.

You could also do one in blue, with your accent color and then vice versa.

Good luck.
  • Nothing like waiting until last minute.
  • DB is a good suggestion.  Also, because of the time factor be open-minded.  Check Macy's, JCPenney"s, etc.  The last wedding I was in, our dresses came from Victoria's Secret!  They don't have to come from a bridal store to be worn for a wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards