Ohio-Northeast
Options

Ceremony Site in Cleveland Ohio..please help!

As the maid of honor, my sister has gave me the duty of finding a ceremony site for her wedding. She does believe in God but does not attend a church nor does the groom. She would like to be married in a church but does not want to become a member of one, she's not crazy about pre-marital classes but will do them if needed. I've tried lokking up churches and chapels with little success. We have already settled on a reception site so this would be a ceremony site only! thanks for any help.

Re: Ceremony Site in Cleveland Ohio..please help!

• Options
    BKJD0713BKJD0713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try non-denominational churches, they are often OK with you NOT being a member, though it does require a higher "donation" to the church.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests? Two non-active-churchlike spaces I can think of are Frostville Museum in Rocky River reservation of the metroparks (former church, renovated as a museum and now rented out) and Old Town Hall in Strongsville. Both are for smaller guest lists though.

There's also Grand Pacific Wedding Chapel in Olmsted Falls.

Also check out Unitarian Universalist and United Methodist churches. They're both very flexible about marrying nonmembers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    leebell12leebell12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried a UU church? I am not sure if there is one in Cleveland, but there is one in North Olmstead called Olmstead Unitarian Universalist. their phone number is  (440) 777-6622.

looking online I also found one that is in Rocky RIver, called Westshore UU and its 
    phone number is 440-333-2255

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards