May 2012 Weddings
Options

Yikes-Makeup cost?!? is this normal?

I just got an email from the woman who will be doing the makeup for the wedding. She was a last minute decision because I thought that I had someone already, found out they couldnt make it, so I called the woman doing my BM's hair and she found this woman, who she typically works with. She will be doing my makeup, my 5 BMs, my Mom & FMIL

The cost for the trial and wedding day makeup for me is $225!

Then the cost for the additional ppl is $60 each.

I can't pay for each of my BMs to have their makeup done, I didn't require that anyone has their makeup done but they've all voiced they opinions and all decided to have it professionally done.

I'm going to check with each of them to make sure that the price is ok with them before I get back in touch with the makeup woman but I'm feeling like this is a lot of $! Especially my makeup cost!

Am I wrong? If you don't mind me asking, what is it costing for your makeup/your BMs?

I really dont think I can find someone else, she looks like she does great makeup and I am really wanting to look flawless on my wedding day...I might just have to suck it up and pay.
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: Yikes-Makeup cost?!? is this normal?

• Options
    for Boston, seems like a decent deal to me. 

I am paying $200 in Cleveland for my makeup and that includes a trial as well. 
    BM cost was $60.
  • Options
    I'm paying $130 for my makeup (including the trial). BMs are $55. It's pretty reasonable for this area; not on the high side, but not on the low side either. And, my MUA does airbrush, fake lashes, etc. I'm hoping yours does too with how high her price is! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am paying $350 and it includes travel time and trial makeup. The girls are $25 each. I think your make up artist is pretty reasonable. 
    image 204 Invited
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 56 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My trial was $90 and day of wedding will be $130.  My girls are each $70 for regular makeup or $80 for airbrush.  And lashes are $20 for all if you want them.  Mind you, these are actually her discounted prices because she's a friend/roommate of one of my BMs, so she's giving us really good discounts.  These are North Jersey prices, so they're probably a little higher than most other places around the country.  Your prices sound on target and/or pretty low in my opinion, as long as that $225 includes BOTH trial and day-of.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Its $185 for my hair/make-up, and $135 for the others (this is airbrush, plus lashes).  I also have to pay $95 for the trial.

Yours sounds about right.

• Options
    That sounds like a lot to me between 100 to 150 including the trial is what I've been quoted
  • Options
    My hair and make up will be $190, no trial. That would be seperate if I want to do it. My MOH isn't going to have hair and make up done because she doesn't want to pay for it. Which is fine. She can do whatever she wants. My mom and FMIL will have theirs done, and they are actually the same price. The spa is also charging me $100 for them to come to the hotel, which is pretty cheap compared to everyone else.

What part of Boston are you getting married in? If its the city, you'll pay more for sure.
  • Options
    I think mine is $120 for the day of and another $100 if you want a trial, so about the same as yours. My BM are $80 each. Those prices include airbrush and lashes if you want them. I can empathize with the cost seeming high, it was a bit of a splurge for me, but I think it will be totally worth it. I am actually skipping the trial to save a little money. My girl has gotten rave reviews and I know she'll adjust anything I'm not okay with, so I'm not too worried about it. I used to be a makeup artist and IMO makeup is a lot easier to fix on the fly than hair. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_yikes-makeup-cost-is-this-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:68aa2dac-51bc-450a-b88d-8624e53426ebPost:acdad820-02a0-467c-8b41-2d61c96105d1">Re: Yikes-Makeup cost?!? is this normal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My hair and make up will be $190, no trial. That would be seperate if I want to do it. My MOH isn't going to have hair and make up done because she doesn't want to pay for it. Which is fine. She can do whatever she wants. My mom and FMIL will have theirs done, and they are actually the same price. The spa is also charging me $100 for them to come to the hotel, which is pretty cheap compared to everyone else. What part of Boston are you getting married in? If its the city, you'll pay more for sure.
    Posted by vineyard12[/QUOTE]

I'm actually not getting married in Boston, I'm just from around Boston.

The wedding is in Maine, in a small summer town that doesn't have too many options for other makeup artists/salons...so I'm feeling like this is my only option.
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    My girl charges 60 for airbrush trial and 150 for the day of.
    My Girls are 75 bucks.

• Options
    Wow those seem expensive for me maybe this area is cheaper. It's $25 for regular makeup and then $45 for airbrush. I'm spending $70 on trial and day of total. Hair is $50 and trial is $100. It's the same price for me as it is the girls.
  • Options
    My price is 150 for me, 75 for the girls this is for airbrush, my trial is 75

• Options
    I think it seems spendy, but I'm getting married in a small town. My make up was only $60, plus $60 for a trial if I want it. Only $30 for the girls.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think that price is really high.  I've seen quotes around $100 for makeup alone.  My makeup is $45 for the day of the wedding and the place got good reviews from fellow knotties.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image174 Invited! image 95 Accept image 60 Decline
    image 19 Yet to Respond RSVP Date: May 1, 2012
  • Options
    I got a "bridal package" which was $360 it's a hair and makeup trial, day of, manicure, pedicure, facial and body treatment.
    For my girls, hair is $45 and makeup is $33. I let them pick what they wanted to do.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_yikes-makeup-cost-is-this-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:68aa2dac-51bc-450a-b88d-8624e53426ebPost:a757d79a-0d6b-4e36-8a90-22268cc788b4">Re: Yikes-Makeup cost?!? is this normal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My trial was $90 and day of wedding will be $130.  My girls are each $70 for regular makeup or $80 for airbrush.  And lashes are $20 for all if you want them.  Mind you, these are actually her discounted prices because she's a friend/roommate of one of my BMs, so she's giving us really good discounts.  These are North Jersey prices, so they're probably a little higher than most other places around the country.  Your prices sound on target and/or pretty low in my opinion, as long as that $225 includes BOTH trial and day-of.
    Posted by FutureMrsW9[/QUOTE]

<div>I am in the same ballpark here. </div>
  • Options
    My trial will be 40$.
    My hair and make up the day of the wedding is 95$
    and for my girls to get their hair and just eye make up done the day of the wedding is around 70$.
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    My trial and day of makeup is $130 total. For my girls, it will be $30 for makeup and then an extra $20 if they want the spray foundation. These prices are for a little west of Chicago. I think that price for your makeup is a little high but I always thought Boston was more expensive than Chicago =o)
  • Options
    That seems about normal, prices are about the same on Martha's Vineyard. Because you said you are not requiring your BMs to have professional hair and makeup you don't have to pay for it, if they want it that's up to them.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My trial is $30. I think the day of is $25 of whoever gets it done. She comes to my house. really it a sales girl with a line of cosmetics that does parties and stuff. I guess that is why it is so cheap.
    For hair I have my old hairdresser coming to my house it is $40 for each of us to get our hair done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is normal from what I have seen (it was going to 100$ for my trail and 400$ for day of for just basic makeup...plus I had to purchase my own makeup..thats just for doing it.) I am going to do my own, I dont have that kinda money to spend on 'natural looking makeup'. Im hoping one of my more competent (in the makeup arena) BM's can help me cuz I dont really know what I am doing.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    edited March 2012
    My trial was $65, and the day of will be $75 (which includes false lashes and a lip gloss).  It's also an extra $25 for her to travel to me (about 2 hours away) on the day of.  BMs are ~$65 (including lashes).
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options
    Mine is $85, incuding the trial. BMs are $50.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It doesn't seem like a bad deal. Mine in New York will be $260 for me and $125 for anyone else who wants it done. Although I'm not requiring it and therefore no one is doing it so it's just the cost for me. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That sounds about right. Even with me DIYing make up it will still be around $100 to get all the stuff I want. Proper foundation, primer, and powder. The whole nine yards. SO that makes sense to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards