Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NIGERIAN Caterers in Philly or the Area!

Hello, I am new to the Knot and apologize if someone already posted this topic. We were lucky enough to find a very nice reception site....and they let us bring our FOOD! (this is a big deal!). For us this is pretty important because we really wanted to integrate our culture into the day. However, having HUGE problems with finding a Nigerian Caterer that is LICENSED AND INSURED Frown.....  Please Help!!!!

Thanks

Re: NIGERIAN Caterers in Philly or the Area!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can ask my friend.. he's from Nigeria.  There were probably about 100 people from Nigeria at his wedding, it was great.  He used a local caterer though, not a nigerian one.  But he may have looked into some before booking the one he chose.  I'll ask.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mama Dee is in South Jersey and she is a Nigerian caterer. She did my friend's wedding last year and I loved the food. Her number is 856-627-4002

I have two different caterers and I considered her for the African portion of our wedding since she is licensed and insured. But I am not going with her anymore...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Ooodsie! I will look for your reply

Mypasmita, Its so funny, I already contacted her..seems like she is THE only one.
    Even a small  variety of options would have been nice. So who are you going with for the African Portion now?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using Kilimanjaro restaurant
    My heritage is from Cameroon and there are no Cameroonian restaurant here so it was either Nigerian (since some of the food are similar) or Senegalese because they also have many dishes in common and this lady @ Kilimanjaro can make few Cameroonian dishes...

• Options
    Hi i wanted to know where did you have your reception. I am looking for a location that will allow me to bring my own food. I am also going to be using Kilimanjaro restaurant as my caterer
  • Options
    I used Mama Dee in South Jersey for my wedding at The Radisson Warwick on Oct 13, 2012.  Her food tastes great and she is licensed and insured.  But I warn against using her.  She is a liar and a cheater.  Her real name is Moni Somoye and she is one of the most unprofessional vendors I dealt with on my wedding day.  We had a contract that we both signed where I detailed that I woul dpay her 100 dollars per hour for being present during the wedding reception.  Needless to say she didnt show up.  She sent her husband (a lawyer, not a licensed or insured caterer) as her replacement.  She claimed that they own the business together but that is not the arrangement we agreed upon.  I asked for my money back and she refused to.  She also brought a wrong food item and wouldnt admit fault.  Also their magically wasnt enough food the day of.  I'm sure if she was present  she would have been able to keep an eye on the amount of food that was placed out.  She claimed that I told her there would be 150 to 200 guest when the hotel, my planner, and myself had told her multiple times that there would be 250 guests.  She acts like she knows how to do things on large scales but she has no clue and wont admit to that.  She is rude and very cocky for no reason since her restaurant is a hole in the wall.  Im still waiting for the 450 dollars she owes me.  Please stay clear of this woman.  If you plan on using her just pick up the food from her restaurant and do not have her deliever it because you will be nothing but disappointed.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards