Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Crunch

Thought I would post this and see if anyone has any thoughts/suggestions...

My fiance and I are getting married in October in a traditional Catholic church ceremony.  The mass is at 3pm and the reception begins at 5:30 (they are 2 blocks from each other)  When we finished our pre-Cana, our priest informed us that he is squeezing in a wedding at 1:30pm... and that has completely unnerved me!  I am afraid of things going long, people not clearing out, and then my wedding can't get started on time.  We obviously don't have a ton of time between the ceremony and reception, so every little bit counts!  We are not doing much decor in the church, so it's not like my florist has a lot to set up... but still... should I be worried??

Re: Ceremony Crunch

• Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    I agree with Liatris about the gap.  Could you start the reception earlier?  I think it might be awkward for guests to entertain themselves for a few hours in between.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

See, I didn't think 90 minutes was too bad... Frown
    Invitations have already been printed up, I don't want to change the time now for a half hour... we're in the City, at least, so there are several things nearby to help kill some time.

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.  The priest is probably used to doing two ceremonies in a day and will get the service done on time.  You can voice your concerns to him though, and ask him to help ensure people leave the church promptly once the ceremony is over.  Realistically if they start to see guests from your wedding come in they will leave anyways.
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine.   The important part is that they start on time.

I was pulling into the church as the bride before me was taking photos.  It annoyed me slightly but they were gone before I was out of the limo and we started right on time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards