Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just got engaged yesterday but have no ring :(

My new FI proposed to me yesterday during the reception of his sisters wedding it was so romantic and beutifual but he did not have a ring. We are leaning towards an E- Ring any good websites. (Fi did talk to his sister she was in on it and loved it)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just got engaged yesterday but have no ring :(

• Options
    My fiance's co-worker got a nice ring from some website and I saw her ring this weekend and it was beautiful and definatly legit. Ill find out from him and keep you posted. Congrats!
  • Options
    I suggest you go to an actual jewelry store.  This will be a big purchase and you should be able to see your stone in person.  Also, it's nice to be able to see settings on your finger so you know what you like and don't like.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree.. Jewelry store would be first choice( and not in the mall their very overpriced and ususally have all the same styles,I wanted something different so the mall stores were not for me) but if your set on getting it online just do your research. Good luck!
  • Options
    My FI had wanted to buy my ring online because you can save money on the purchase of loose diamonds.  He ended up going to a store because they carried a type of diamond that I wanted.  The store was not at a mall either, although we looked at the mall so he had an idea of what I liked and I knew what looked good on my finger.  I don't think there are very many brides who would buy their wedding dress online and that's just for one day.  This ring is for the rest of your life.  There are just so many risks with buying online, that I was really glad when I found out my FI didn't.

If you still want to go with purchasing online, I know he was looking at Blue Nile.  Hope you find the ring of your dreams!! Laughing
  • Options
    Overstock has nice jewelry.  I've never looked at rings, but I bought my mom some diamond earrings there for Christmas.  But, I agree with most people....go to a store.

We bought mine at Zales during a sale, and got it cheaper than we could have online.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-got-engaged-yesterday-but-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:e7eed67d-592c-4cf3-94d2-ac69d0cd8755Post:69fd0e7f-a90a-4d22-a99e-aba0164861d2">Re: Just got engaged yesterday but have no ring :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I suggest you go to an actual jewelry store.  This will be a big purchase and you should be able to see your stone in person.  Also, it's nice to be able to see settings on your finger so you know what you like and don't like.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

This, exactly.
  • Options

I think you guys are right it souds better to see it in person I wonder when Zales has a good sale :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your FI proposed at his sisters wedding?  Klassy.  Nothing like taking the moment away from her.  You guys shoud feel proud.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Whiteflash, james allen, and bluenile to buy. Pricescope to learn. No offense but mall stores are not the place i recommend.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    I got engaged without a ring too.  We shopped at a brick and mortar store.  It took a few stores for me to figure out what I wanted (round stone, cathedral setting, solitaire).  I saw some online, but wasn't sure I'd like the setting and I turned out to be more picky than I thought I would be.

I hope it goes well for you.  I did like picking my own ring. 

I don't think you stole your SIL thunder.  You said she was in on it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-got-engaged-yesterday-but-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:e7eed67d-592c-4cf3-94d2-ac69d0cd8755Post:8f2c0eda-8a6c-4a65-913e-96301a319604">Re: Just got engaged yesterday but have no ring :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your FI proposed at his sisters wedding?  Klassy.  Nothing like taking the moment away from her.  You guys shoud feel proud.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure the OP said her FSIL was in on it and loved the idea. Nothing like making yourself look like an ass.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards