California-Los Angeles

food station ideas...or is that cheezy here in LA?

Me and my fiance are not into the fancy shmacy things...we love to go to the local dive bar and have a beer and some sliders. I'm in the entertainment industry so I go to enough red carpet events with fancy drinks and food.

we thought it would be fun to do stations instaed of a formal sit down dinner.

rent out a bunch of those outdoor day bed, couched and some high top tables and chairs. So it would be more of a lounge setting. People could walk around and eat when they wanted.

what are some good ideas for stations?

I def. want a mashed potatoe martine bar or pasta bar...

ideas?

Re: food station ideas...or is that cheezy here in LA?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have any ideas but I like the sound of your cocktail reception.  I don't think it sounds cheesy at all.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    not cheesey at all!  i was even told by one potential venue that stations are all the rage right now, as is the lounge setting.  so much more relaxed!

i think it sounds great, and it's always nice to have a couple's wedding really reflect who THEY are.  :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that sounds like such a fun reception - I want to go!
    i would do a taco station, potato station, sliders/hotdogs station, coffee station for sure - your guest will really enjoy it and it reflects the both of you.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards