Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Where are you holding your Rehearsal Dinner?

My future in-laws were in town over Thanksgiving (they live in Michigan) and want me to start working on a place to hold the RD. We estimated about 40 people. Our rehearsal is in the Northland, but I'm not opposed to having the RD somewhere downtown. Several of the people involved in the wedding are from out of state, so I really want to hold the RD at a local restaurant, rather than a chain. I was thinking about Jack Stack, but I wanted to get some more suggestions. We don't have a set budget, but I was thinking somewhere along $30-40 per person.

Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Where are you holding your Rehearsal Dinner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Jack Stack - Freight House location.  I wanted something close to downtown, with a little KC flair...We also looked at Californo's and Lidia's!

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is where we are struggling too.  FMIL wants us to have the RD on the Plaza since that is where all the guests are staying.  Which is fine, except everywhere is booked!!!  I even broke down and talked to a few of the chains, and they are booked too.  I hope you have better luck than us!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had mine at Chappels in North Kansas City.  We are huge sports fans so it fit our personalities well.  We had tons of complements on the place and many said they will go back.  They were very accommodating and we had tons of fun!  Jim Chappel himself was there to greet us and we got our pictures taken with him.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Anthony's, it's a local italian place.  There is also Lidia's.  If you want Jack Stack you should call WAY in advance.  That's where I wanted and they were booked, along with everywhere else that I wanted down on the Plaza.  There is also Bucca di Bepo.  It's a chain italian place, but looks very fun and I've heard good things.  There is a smokehouse BBQ at Zona Rosa.  It's another local bbq place.  Their food is really good and that's closer to your actual rehearsal.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about the Hereford House at Zona Rosa?  They are local...and Kansas City is associated with steak almost as much as they are with BBQ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about some of those places! Thank you so much for the help! :)

Wish me luck!
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need help with this, too! Our rehearsal is at Village Church at 67th and Mission Road in Prairie Village, so anything in Johnson County within about 20 minutes of there, the Plaza, or downtown would be fine.
    Good luck with yours!
  • Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarahbeth.........have you looked into the 75th St Brewery???  It may be a fun place to go check out.  I was going to look there, but we looked at J. Gilbert's and decided to go with them.  I would tell you to look there, but we have the same wedding date, so that wouldn't be much help.  My FMIL didn't want to look anywhere else after J. Gilbert's.

I can tell you this......Smokehouse BBQ, Hereford House in Leawood, Brio on the Plaza,  JackStack FreightHouse, and Bristol at P & L, are all booked for June 4th.  About a month ago when I was looking, these places still were available......Figlio's on the Plaza, Anthony's Italian downtown, 75th Street Brewery, Bristol in Leawood, and Buca di Beppo on the Plaza. 

I got really frustrated with this because everywhere I originally wanted was booked.  I found a website, but cannot remember what it is right now, that had a list of every restaurant in the Johnson County, Plaza, and P & L areas that had private rooms.  I spent forever calling around to find somewhere that wasn't booked already.  Good Luck!!
  • Options
    wonderwall7wonderwall7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the 75th Street Brewery. They have a meeting room and their local brews would be a hit for out-of-towners.
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That scares me that so many place were booked already! I need to start calling around!
  • Options
    QueenofQuirkyQueenofQuirky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Cupini's in Westport. I'm really excited about it. They have a private dining room that is separate from the cafe and you can bring in your own beer/wine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A fun place we looked in to was Lucky Strike at P&L.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards