August 2012 Weddings
Options

Weekend Updates :)

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years weekend! Fill us in on what you did for New Years Eve and any WR/NWR things you got done this weekend!

Re: Weekend Updates :)

• Options
    NWR:  Hosted our first NYE party at our new home.

WR:  Nothing!  I feel like all I have left is invitations and tuxes and it's not time for me to worry about them yet.

Oh, I did pre-order my wedding shoes :-D
  • Options
    NWR: Went to Greenville, SC for the weekend. Did a great hike on Saturday and went to a NYE concert by my favorite band, The Avett Brothers. LOVED it!

WR: Nothing! Time to get by butt back in gear for the wedding! Going to a bridal show with my mom this weekend hoping to shop some vendors, mostly florists and DJs.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    For NYE my FI and started the night with a double date with my best friend and her bf. Then we went out to a little get together at my FI's friends house. It was a great night and an awesome way to start off the new year!

WR: Nothing this weekend.

NWR: Had our fifth family Christmas yesterday with my FI's grandpas family. We still have one more to go this Friday! :)
  • Options
    We stayed at home for NYE, watching my first season "Community" DVDs and sampling various mixed drinks as FI played bartender. 

WR: Nothing much, called up my church to get my sacramental certificates sent to me. Other than that, I've just been researching decorating ideas and trying to figure out my last big items- rentals and catering!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WR: Ummm decided we want to try to move our wedding up a month or two due to pregnant BMs! This will hopefully be known for sure tomorrow when I talk to our venue. In which case, I need to get my butt in gear!!!

NWR: We stayed home. FI's parents brought over some Chinese food and snacks and champagne, but they left by 9pm to take a nap before midnight LOL So we just hung out and watched tv until midnight, then we were in bed by 1! Yesterday FI had to work 8am-2pm, so I just hung out and watched some Netflix. Today was similar, but we also went to dinner and Petco lol Exciting life we live!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    WR: Nothing since the kids and I have been sick since before christmas :(

NWR: Rested trying to get over being sick. NYE we watched kung fu panda 2 with the kids and went to bed early hoping to get over this flu..
  • Options
    NYE also happens to be my best friend (and Maid of Honor)'s birthday, so we went out to dinner with her, her boyfriend, her mom, and her brother. It was a good night! Then, FI and I came back home and just hung out and watched the ball drop on TV. Last year, we had a party, so this year we wanted to keep it low key and relax.

WR: Hmmm.... not much! I did buy a cardbox though! Originally we wanted to make one ourselves, but we saw one at ACMoore randomly and it was VERY close to what I wanted ours to look like anyway, so we bought it. And with a 50% off coupon so it only cost us $10! Sweet! :) 

Here's a pic: 

We were supposed to have a cake tasting tonight, but the woman had to cancel - so we rescheduled that for next week. I've got a lot I want to start doing now that the stress of the holidays are over. We're in the home stretch now! 

NWR: Besides New Year festivities and a little baking, I didn't do much LOL. 

---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NYE; is also my Grandma's birthday and this past NYE she turned 90, so my whole family went out to dinner to a really nice restaurant and afterwards went back to my Aunts house to bring in the New Year all together! The only thing WR I've done was picked our shower date and made out the guest list, but when FI's mom gets out of the hospital, she's having gall bladder surgery, she'll have to go over their half of the shower list.
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NWR: We had one of my FI's friends over ate and played games to welcome in the NY.
    WR: Nothing, but i can now official say wedding without getting not till after the first of the year sweet heart, did find out when our local bridal show is, so very excited to go to that, oh and i did a little research on venues, and lost a little hope as the venue i really wanted is going to be SUPER expensive, so hopefully will figure somethings out soon!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards