March 2012 Weddings

the numbers keep adding!

My FI and I wanted a smaller wedding between 100-150 people. Invites have been sent out. Then my mom gets an email from her cousin wondering where her invite was. We are never invited to anything for that side of the family so she told me not to send invites. Well now she is feeling guilty and wants me to send out more invites. My parents are paying for most of it so no big deal. Our venue holds up to 209 people. I just feel bad because they are last minute guests. Our RSVP is the 17th. Fi also told me the other day he invited a few more co workers because they wanted to come. I wish people would stop inviting themselves. Now my worry is we will have more than 209 because my mom and fi can't say no!

Re: the numbers keep adding!

• Three words of advice...REMEMBER THE BUDGET!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    The only budget affected is the food and that's what my parents are paying for so they are okay with it . A family friend is catering it so it isn't costing as much to have more people. I just wanted it to be a little more intimate that's my frustration plus I don't want people to think they are last minute guests but I guess it doesn't matter because they "want" to come.
  • If someone else is inviting them as last minute guests, than it's that person's job to explain why they're getting such a late invite! My mom did the same thing to me - and since she's paying, I couldn't say no. But I told her that she had to let them know why they were getting an invitation AFTER the original RSVP date. I'm not responsible!!!
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Eek, that's no good. :/ I had only one last minute guest and I originally intended to invite him and TOTALLY forgot, and felt super bad about it. Luckily, he's awesome and assured me severeal times that's he's not worried about it and glad he can come. I still feel bad though :/

Having it intimate for us wasn't ever an option. We have suuuuch a huge family and we are paying for everything. Blah. 
     :/
    Fi told me, 'just remember, these people are wanting to celebrate a monumental moment in our lives and we should be happy about it'. It was cute, maybe you can apply that to your situation. :) Good luck! 
  • Don't forget the cost of extra centerpieces and linens!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_the-numbers-keep-adding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:023eddfc-f313-454e-9678-b0cf24a50d52Post:fbd1d43d-a8f7-4979-8916-47e2ab9dfc2d">Re: the numbers keep adding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget the cost of extra centerpieces and linens!
    Posted by petite+engineer[/QUOTE]

Good point. :/ Well, if your parents are paying for the extra people, hopefully she takes this into account as well.
  • I hate this situation. I kinda have the same Thing going on. It really comes down to putting your foot down and saying no or limiting it. Stay string girl!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards