Connecticut

Quick fix for wrinkled dress

Ive had to keep my dress in my closet so FI doesn't see it and my train is a little wrinkled. My dress is satin with a lace overlay and both parts are a little wrinkled. I have it hanging on a door right now but will have to have it go back in the closet for the night and whenever FI is home. What can I do to get the wrinkles out? I have no where to keep it hung high for long periods of time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Quick fix for wrinkled dress

• Hang it in the bathroom with a hot shower running? Sometimes it works to dewrinkle other clothes, but I don't know if the moisture would be good for the dress.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've also heard of people bringing their dress in to a drycleaner or even a store that has one of those handheld steamers. Do you have any friends that work in a clothing store that could help you out?
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lalanslalans member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    you might be able to rent a steamer, or see if one of your vendors has one for the day of//if you had your dress altered they might do it the day before?  Or, if you have a friend in retail you might be able to sneak in there.  When I worked at Express we used the steamer on everything.  Alternatly take it to a cleaner to see if they can do it.  If you are able to use steam, it takes like a minute, so it shouldn't be expensive,  Like the person said above though try and check to make sure thats ok for your dress...Spot steaming should be find a ithink...we used to steam satiny fabric all the time, but best be safe!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bought a steamer to save money on dry cleaning, and have literally saved HUNDREDS of dollars in a few months!  We're going to use it on my dress and my FI's dress blue uniform for the wedding.

This is the one I bought: 

http://www.amazon.com/SF-510-SteamFast-Everyday-Fabric-Steamer/dp/B004VMTJ4G/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1338997314&sr=8-9

Anniversary

• All good suggestions and I wish I could use the steamer but I have NO time.  Our wedding is Friday and tomorrow I am busy all day long getting the rings cleaned, cleaning my house, getting my nails done, etc.  I've hung it up a couple times and that seemed to help.  I'll be able to hang it up all day tomorrow since FI will be at work and then all tomorrow night/Friday since he won't be sleeping at home!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards