Canada-Ontario

KW area - gown shops with larger samples?

A friend is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and would like to go dress shopping while she's here. She's bigger than what the average shop would carry. Does anyone know of shops in the Kitchener Waterloo area that carry larger samples? This is her first dress shopping experience, I don't want it to be frustrating.

Also, does anyone know if Sophie's Gown Shoppe carries larger sizes?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: KW area - gown shops with larger samples?

• edited December 2011
    Sophie's carries a great selection of plus sizes, they have the largest selection I found in KW. :)  They are very nice and helpful and if she has any idea what she's looking for I'm sure they can help her out! :) They carry Alfred Angelo line which is wonderful for plus sizes! :) 

Good luck to your friend!
  • edited December 2011
    Also consider looking for stores that carry the Jasmine line. They have this custom-fit corset zipper thing that adjusts in size from reeeeeally tiny to plus size (up to 20 or 22, I think). I explained this badly. When I tried on a Jasmine dress, the sample was a size 4, but I needed a 10. The inside of the dress can accommodate that with that special zippy corset! It's actually really cool.

Even if she doesn't choose a Jasmine dress, it's a good way to start seeing what styles work and which ones don't.
  • jenniferknarrjenniferknarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at Taylors Bridal in Elmira.  Their basement has tons of plus size samples!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards