Colorado

Help a fellow Knottie! Colorado Springs

Hey Ladies!  I am from Ohio but was looking to get some help, PLEASE!!

We are thinking about going to Colorado Springs for our honeymoon.  We are trying to save money to remodel our house.  I'm looking for cheap places to stay or possibly rent, that are still pretty nice and close to attractions.  If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!  And possibly some fun things to do around the area! 

TIA!

Re: Help a fellow Knottie! Colorado Springs

• morrisonFTWmorrisonFTW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you looking to visit Colorado Springs?  There's the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and Cave of the Winds, and some cliff dwellings, but not a whole lot else going on down there. 
  • chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is so much to do here!  Pike's Peak is only a drive (or ride) away.  You can drive up there or take a cog railway up the mountain.  The website for the cog is:   http://www.cograilway.com/ Diving is easy too, but generally takes at least 3 hrs up & down. There's lots of hiking if you're interested.  The incline is a favorite for the athletic with amazing views.  You can visit 7-Falls, Helen Hunt Falls, catch a Sky Sox game (AAA for the Rockies), visit or have brunch at the Broadmoor (YUM), go to the zoo, visit Manitou Springs (very cute shopping town) 5 min from CS, visit Cripple Creek (gambling town) 60 min from CS, or take a day trip to Denver to see 16th street mall.  There is the Olympic training center and also Air Force Academy here, that you can schedule tours to see.

As far as cheep places to stay, I don't know.  There are hotels of all sorts here and also B&B's in Manitou Springs...not sure of the cost.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jaimelentschjaimelentsch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Live in colorado and have visited most of the state.  Co . Springs would not be my choice.  #1 its mostly flat, like ohio.  I suggest you get "in " the mountains.  Steamboat is one of my favorites anytime of year.  Strawberry park has hot springs and even camping there, I have a friend who spent her honeymoon at site #2 at strawberry park. awesome private spot accessed by a bridge.  Very affordable- paradise. You can tube down the yampa river too! In winter- skiing  Check it out. !!
  • teresahittteresahitt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try VRBO.com for a home or cabin in the area.
  • I've lived in Colorado Springs almost all my life. Along with Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Cave of the Winds... there is Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, and if anything might be going on during the time of your stay The World Arena.There are a variety of clubs downtown on Tejon... i.e. Rum Bay, Blondies, Gasoline Alley, Cowboys and so on.  Downtown I would say is the best to stay if you're vacationing... but it can get pricey, the best hotel downtown is a Hilton. There are hotels scattered all over Colorado Springs and the person who commented before me is right about vrbo.com... you can find almost any rental you need there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards