Delaware
Options

Horse wanted in outdoor wedding

My fiance and I plan on having an outdoor wedding in Aug. of 2014 and we would really like for our horse to be involved in the wedding. Dose anyone know of a place that would accpet this in the delaware/maryland area?

Re: Horse wanted in outdoor wedding

• Options
    bellevue state park has horseback riding trails. othr than that i have no idea.
  • Options
    That's ok. Thanks for the place, I'll look into it when I get the chance
  • Options
    Not sure how big your guest list will be, but The Tea Barn at Fair Hill International is horse centered, plus they have lots of trails and such that would make for cute photo ops! It holds about 125 people and it's super affordable

(no AC though, so that might not be good for August.. but you can check it out :)) good luck!

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Right now we only have 74 people that we're sure about inviting, but I dont see that number getting any larger then 100. I've ridden the trails at fairhilll and your right, those really would make cute photo ops! Thanks so much for the info!!  I'll have to talk to my finace, but this may be just the place for the wedding.
  • Options
    Sounds good! :) I have pics if you want them, pm me with your email address and I can email them to you.. theyre just of the bare insides of the barn... but it might save you a preliminary drive if you're from philly like your profile says (so are we, it's a hike!!)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I live in newark de, so fairhill is only about 45min from me. Im not quite sure why my prifile is saying Philly lol. I'll have a talk with my fiance about driving over there or not. If I need the pictures, I'll let you know. Thanks so much for the offer :)
  • Options
    I dont have much to add, but I was a guest at a Brantwyn wedding and the couple had a horse when they were doing pictures during cocktail hour, so they must allow it
  • Options
    Any updates?  Did you find a place?  I'd think a lot of farm or park venues would allow it.  I'd worry a little more about having someone designated to bring and groom the horse, then take him back.  My husband and I were married on our farm and we rode up on our horses.  It was a lot of fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards