Iowa-Des Moines

UGH. Tableclothes...ideas on not ironing???

We have 25 tables and the bridal party table...
We purchased our tableclothes since our local rental companies were out of black, and we could buy the black ones online for less than renting white (which was less than ideal for our theme).  Now we have pretty nice polyester tableclothes ... with fold creases and wrinkles.  We don't want to spend the dough to get them dry cleaned (it's outrageous)... and we don't have access to our reception/wedding venue until the day of. 

Does anyone know of a way to get the wrinkles out without ironing each & every one on site?  My fiance & his groomsmen (and some friends) will be setting up... I'm not sure if I'd trust a bunch of guys ironing on those hard plastic-y reception tables.  (I keep having visions of them permenantly fusing the tablecloth to the tables...)  Would the wrinkle releaser work if they sprayed it on early AM?  I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to work this out.. all and any ideas super appreciated.

Re: UGH. Tableclothes...ideas on not ironing???

• I don't think wrinkle releaser will work. What about a steamer? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_ugh-tableclothesideas-on-not-ironing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:342030a5-6770-4fa4-bf73-5225cc8d22bePost:3102d7f1-893c-4bdc-b7b8-6904eedad53a">Re: UGH. Tableclothes...ideas on not ironing???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think wrinkle releaser will work. What about a steamer? 
    Posted by jmorse[/QUOTE]

I've never used a steamer before.  If they do it in the AM (like 9am) will the tableclothes be dry before 4PM?
  • We purchased ours and had rented some other items from a place in Ames.  They allowed us to drop them off a week or 2 ahead of time and they ironed them and delivered them for $2 or so/each -- money well spent!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really don't know much about steamers either, but I thould think they'd be dry. I'd probably do something like Mcsweets suggested though just because with those heavy creases I don't know that a steamer would even get those out. Maybe check with someone who has or has used a steamer. Good luck! 
  • I used to steam clothing items a lot when I worked in a clothing store, not tablecloths and if you care steaming things they are usually dry fairly quickly after you steam them - it doesn't actually saturate the fabric. That being said - I think it would depend really on the type of steamer you are using maybe though. This was a handheld steamer and we had clothes on hangers and we let them hang for about 30 minutes before we brought them out to the sales floor. It had an attachment thingy that let the steam out and you held it against the fabric you had hanging. I don't really know how it would work if it was on the table already though. Maybe just investigate renting a steamer from somewhere - not a carpet steamer but a handheld steamer for laundry type things and experiment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We figured out which place McSweets was using, it's the same rental company we were using.  They're doing it for $3 per tablecloth - sounds like a deal to me :)  I didn't want to stress over wrinkly tablecloths and my fiance & friends trying to deal with them early in the AM.
  • Yeah I think they did the $3 for us, $2 was too cheap!  And yes -- totally worth it to us as well!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we love our steamer!  it works amazingly.  I actually purchase a steamer at a garage sale for $5....an amazing score as I will need to steam out my dress before the big day.  The steamer is totally the way to go!  They will dry with in no time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards