Latino Weddings
Options

Need Latin Food- DC Area

We're getting married in November in Woodbridge, VA. As Latin Americans, the dinner menu is super important! It doesn't have to be fancy, just GOOD! Can anyone suggest caterers in the DC/Northern VA area that can prepare a nice Latin American menu? Thanks!

Re: Need Latin Food- DC Area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I'm planning on having a small wedding in MD and also looking for someone who can cater latin cuisine. What type of latin food are you wanting? My cousin lives in Woodbridge and I can ask her if she knows of any places. I'm thinking there may be mostly Mexican/Salvadorean restaurants around there.
  • Options
    mzbbb21mzbbb21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of latin food are you wanting ?I also live in woodbride.You can always go by the local restaurants and ask if they would be able to cater.There is a mexican restaurant in prince william prk called El Paso,i have gone their Twice and their food is very good.I am also looking into latin cuisine in the area but i need a much nicer restaurant.Since i am planning to have my reception in it.If you guys know of a fancy latin restaurant let me know:]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck Ladies... I finally broke down and asked my family to cook because where I live you have your local spanish food eatery who are open for business the day of my wedding so they couldn't help. But hey, you can't get better than home cooked food. My mom actually has some of her friends helping out too.

I checked out some local caterers just to see what they had to offer, but I was not impressed and lets face it being of any hispanic or latin background we are accustomed to eating foods we eat on a day to day basis and our guest list is probably filled with the same people. Arroz con guandules here we go again Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This restaurant caters. Check them out:

http://www.guaposrestaurant.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice ladies. I will have to check if Guapos can do full-service catering. I like their food. I'm looking to have some appetizers during the cocktail hour and then two entrees in the buffet-style dinner. Chicken and beef entrees are what we want. Aji de pollo, carne asada, something of the sort...and then the sides.  It's also hard for me because I would find someone to cook for us but the venue is strict. They only allow licensed caterers. Undecided 

mzbbb21 : check out Alto Plaza restaurant in Centreville, VA. i love the food and it's fancy for a wedding.
  • Options
    mzbbb21mzbbb21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.
    I will look into that.Good luck finding a caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards