Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

very frustrated.. & broken hearted

I have a budget of 6k for 65 guests wedding party included......this is suppose to be a happy time. Not so much. Living on Cape Cod is EXPENSIVE & as a single mom of three, every dollar is accounted for & you put the word wedding in any sentence & you can hear the dollar signs ringing in there heads. Its frustrating.....  I just want a small, intimate, elegant wedding without it being from the dollar store. It brakes my heart to think that because I don't have dollar bill to throw at people, I cant have my dreams come true too.

Re: very frustrated.. & broken hearted

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there, Its very frustrating at first but you need to look for those vendors that dont add an extra 0 to the end of a price when you mention the word wedding. I believe that every Cape vendor should have the "I live on cape cod" discount. I dont know what you have booked already or what you still need to book but, there are lots of brides on here that know who charges a reasonable amount so use your resources. Your budget is definatly do-able, so keep your head up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which end of the cape are you living at ?   There are a few private homes i know of  that i can see about for you... One in Hatchville, Near 151 and one really sweet spot in Waquoit... let me see what i can find out... 
    A friend of mine had her wedding at the Waquoit house and it was so beautiful.. they were friends of hers but the lady that owns it likes to have weddings there..
    It's near the water and very homey too.. 

you might also look at cape wind motel on maravista in Falmouth... sweet dock and picnic area.... 

It may take a few days to get the info for you but i will do my best...I have connects in the Falmouth area anyway... will send you what i find out!!

dont break!!! bounce !!! will get you landed someplace you love!!!

• Options
    snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Old Sea Pines Inn - I'm getting married there in June, and my FI and I are paying by ourselves and for everything (minus flowers and th person who will marry us) we are paying 6k. For 60 people. We are getting married on a Sunday which cut the rental fee for the venue from 1k to $500. They are great people and it is very cute. Give them a try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister went to a wedding at the Elks and said it was a blast. No matter where you have it, it is what you make it. So if you find s cheap venue there is so much you can do with it. Good luck
    Photobucket
  • Options
    oceanobrien1oceanobrien1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I feel your pain and I know it's frustrating. Just try and focus on what really matters. That you're blessed enough to find your soulmate! It's so easy to get caught up in all the details.. all the superficial crap that when all is said and done, isn't what's important. I completely empathize with you though. When I first started the planning, I had big ideas.. renting white (fake) leather couches to sprawl out on the lawn. Yeah.. til I found out it cost $500 just to rent the stupid ottomon (foot stool). Then I looked into a lighting company that was beautiful but way too expensive. Then my mindset started changing and I realized I could save a lot of money being creative. So instead, we'll buy some colored LEDs ourselves to color up the room.. and save thousands of dollars. Then, I found a photographer the other day.. really liked her work, but it's way too expensive. It was $4800!! That's way too expensive for our budget! I found a cake place I liked, it was a $1500 minimum, just for the cake (for 50 people!).. then I started getting sad. But not sad cuz I can't afford it, but cuz I don't want my wedding to be about consumerism and all this bs! All of this has just made me realize what really and ONLY matters. That my fiance and I will be there, professing our love in front of our closest family and friends.. how awesome is that. Honestly, that is ALL that matters. And all the glitz and stuff, yeah that's great and all, but sometimes it can take the focus off what's really special.. the love between you two, that everyone is celebrating! So don't worry and don't think your wedding will be any less special cuz ur on a budget.. it's not about the money, it's about the feeling! That is what you will carry with you every day for the rest of your life! Best wishes and cheer up.. I care. :)
  • Options
    clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat. My fiance is from Falmouth and we love spending our time there..so naturally we wanted to have our wedding there. We looked for 6 months before we were able to settle on our venue. We ended up deciding to spend more money on our venue and tried to cut costs elsewhere. So, we are having our reception at the SeaCrest in Falmouth. We have tried to bargin with everyone we've talked to. My suggestion is to go into a place and say we can spend x amount of money on this and this is what we would like. Can you make that happen. More often than not, they are able to work something out with you. Honestly in this economy people want any business they can get, but can understand that everyone is strapped for money. I completely agree with the whole commercializing process of weddings and it truly is beginning to take the REAL meaning out of a wedding. Having a Friday or Sunday wedding often does help to cut the costs, but I don't know if that is an option for you. Another good option for decorations etc. is to look on these boards for people who are willing to get rid of their wedding items for free or at a low cost! I was able to get two nice large sandbox trays to use for my place cards for free from a previous bride. I know I will be putting any extra stuff from my wedding on here after July! Good luck with the remainder of your planning and if there is any more help or advice I could give you, please don't hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Still trying to get the name of the place in waquiot... so pretty...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The house in Waquoit.... call Joyce Thames 508-548-3887...ceremony on a  grassy area with a natural arbor overlooking waquoit bay, 
    Front is extensive gardens with ponds and rivers and flowers, 
    Little sitting gardens and a back deck area you can tent if you need to or not. 

Joyce is a really nice lady and it is her home but she loves to host small weddings...Informal but very sweet and classy spot, kind of an old place not a polished up Mcmansion  but really worth considering. 

Molly, my friend that got married there got the place lined up through Sue Hobart of Hobarts fine florals who is also a friend of Joyces... good local contacts all round... 

I think you'll like it!
  • Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    Check out Harbor Point in Cummiquid :)
  • Options

If you are open to off season, Chapins Catering owns Chapins Fish n  Chips restaurant in Dennisport, they do weddings there in the off season and the food is amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards