New York

Complete the Sentence

I am going to ________ for my honeymoon and we are going to ________!

(I see I'm the only one posting threads these days now that Bridgett and Monica are becoming old married broads...anyone else feel free to jump in with our daily things or anything else!)
Anniversary

Re: Complete the Sentence

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to St. Martin for my honeymoon and we are going to eat delicious food and lie on gorgeous beaches!

I am going to the Berkshires for my mini-moon and we are going to hike in the fall foliage.
    Anniversary
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Maui for my honeymoon and we are going to take hula lessons!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to wait a year and save for my honeymoon and we are going to take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the other side of the world!

The potentials include Thailand, Australia, South Pacific, or South America (okay that's the same side of the world, but it's FAR AWAY)

I am going to a B&B for our mini-moon and we are going to eat delicious food and lie on pillow-top mattresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Both of those sound amazing! 

I'd love to go to Hawaii -- it's just so far from the East Coast!  One day...
    Anniversary
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:6807aa04-9fe1-4c2e-a9e1-10d2ab9265df">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!  Both of those sound amazing!  I'd love to go to Hawaii -- it's just so far from the East Coast!  One day...
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

I am terrified of flying, and I decided if I ever got up the courage to be sedated to be on a plane that I was going to make it worth the effort!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:8724ce83-3074-4e29-a75c-209297761b75">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Complete the Sentence : I am terrified of flying, and I decided if I ever got up the courage to be sedated to be on a plane that I was going to make it worth the effort!
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Good thinking!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are (probably) going to the Greek Isles for our honeymoon and we are going to visit Santorini then sail around the other islands.

• edited December 2011
    We are going to Enchanted Forest for our Honeymoon and we are going to get sunburns!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No, not really but unfortunately FI and I have a lot of things to factor in before we can decide what we're doing.  This sucks seeing as how we're getting married in just over 2 months :(.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:6807aa04-9fe1-4c2e-a9e1-10d2ab9265df">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!  Both of those sound amazing!  I'd love to go to Hawaii -- it's just so far from the East Coast!  One day...
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Put Hawaii on your bucket list! We got engaged there! Through a twist of fate my work sent me there on a conference. It was magnificent and totally worth the long expensive plane ride. (I got my ticket for $600.) I would recommend island hopping and going to the big island. We literally got to poke molten lava with a stick and watch it light up the steam it created as it fell into the ocean! We also night dove with 16 foot manta rays! Oh, and then there's the beautiful beaches and rainforests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:067e4c4b-59eb-4289-8d41-570399ca063a">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to Maui for my honeymoon and we are going to take hula lessons!
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

You're going to love it there! It.is so.amazing. Maui is one of the islands we didn't go to, so I don't know much about it. If you island hop to Oahu or the Big Island I could tell you what we did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    We picked Maui because it seems to have the best of both worlds. We can lay on the beach if we want to be lazy or go hiking or ziplining if we are feeling adventurous. My cousin lives on Oahu and wanted us to go there, but it seems a little too busy for what we wanted.

And if you think $600 is expensive, I don't want to tell you what we paid Sealed. Our travel agent changed our flights once because she found something cheaper, and I have been watching ticket prices and I'm so glad we got them when we did. For what we paid for plane tickets alone, we could have taken 2 or 3 trips within the continental US. But oh well, I only plan on having one honeymoon in my life, so we wanted to go big or go home lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:cb6414d2-f3b0-464f-8fae-fd85ea35c2ea">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]We picked Maui because it seems to have the best of both worlds. We can lay on the beach if we want to be lazy or go hiking or ziplining if we are feeling adventurous. My cousin lives on Oahu and wanted us to go there, but it seems a little too busy for what we wanted. And if you think $600 is expensive, I don't want to tell you what we paid . Our travel agent changed our flights once because she found something cheaper, and I have been watching ticket prices and I'm so glad we got them when we did. For what we paid for plane tickets alone, we could have taken 2 or 3 trips within the continental US. But oh well, I only plan on having one honeymoon in my life, so we wanted to<strong> go big or go home</strong> lol
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

I agree-GO BIG! I don't know why I used my ticket price as an example of an expensive ticket because I know I got a crazy deal on it. Usually they are much more! lol. We got our tickets through the site Travel Hawaii. My FI is an internet deal-shark, so he was hunting for months to find cheap tickets. Our friends went to Maui right around the same time (another conference- crazy coincidence) and loved it too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:3bd1322d-f5c3-4c83-b46f-6f995b8c45f1">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Complete the Sentence : Put Hawaii on your bucket list! We got engaged there! Through a twist of fate my work sent me there on a conference. It was magnificent and totally worth the long expensive plane ride. (I got my ticket for $600.) I would recommend island hopping and going to the big island. We literally got to poke molten lava with a stick and watch it light up the steam it created as it fell into the ocean! We also night dove with 16 foot manta rays! Oh, and then there's the beautiful beaches and rainforests.
    Posted by whereismymind32[/QUOTE]

Well now I HAVE to go -- that is amazing!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to our camp in Lowville for our Honeymoo,n and we're going to RELAX!!!!
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    um for our mini moon I don't know
    For our honeymoon we are going to Florida and we are going to watch spring training/enjoy the beaches! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to San Francisco for our honeymoon and we are going to hike through Muir Woods, relax in Napa with some wine and a picnic basket and eat sourdough bread while watching sea lions play :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_complete-sentence-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:4b5c4c17-1244-4df6-95f9-8873cacef328Post:c7b03b6a-0645-41dc-ad56-528f7f55bbe9">Re: Complete the Sentence</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to our camp in Lowville for our Honeymoo,n and we're going to RELAX!!!!
    Posted by mrandmrsfenske2[/QUOTE]
    Introductions please?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards