Georgia-Atlanta

Bachelorette Party Ideas

I need to plan a Bachelorette party for my friend but not sure of what to do. Everyone please send fun/different ideas my way! Thanks!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas

• Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the personality of the bride-to-be, budget of girls invloved and I think, sometimes age.  Some girls like to grab dinner, hit bars, clubs, strip clubs, etc  or others book weekends away (Vegas, FL, NY, etc).  Another option is do a combo of both - go for dinner and maybe hit a winery for brunch, etc.. there are lot of good ones in N GA.
    Hope this helps.
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a BP in Nashville last weekend which was really fun.  One unique idea that her sister had was to buy ties for all the girls and then we decorated them in the morning before the party.  We wore them over our dresses and it helped tie us all together (pun intended). 
    Lingerie parties before the BP are always fun too.
    I would definitely ask your friend for her preferences.  I've been to parties where the bride is not into the veil, list of things to do, etc. and the BMs really want these things. It is awkward. Likewise, a friend of mine just complained to me that her friends didn't do the traditional things and she was disappointed.

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you really need to think about what the Bride is into. My perfect Bachelorette party would be to go to Orlando for the weekend. One day we'd HAVE to visit the magical world of Harry Potter in Universal Studios, and then we'd hit a few clubs in the evening and hang around on the beach for the other days that we're there. But I would be perfectly happy with anything my girls come up with.

My cousin, however, would have hated to go out of town for her BP. She loved a bit of NWR shopping with our Aunt while her friends decorated her house (in pink penis themed decor, of course). We all drank a bit at her house first and had some snacks, then a cab came and picked us all up and brought us to a local bar where we drank and danced. Then afterwards everyone went back to her house where the most sober people in the room made "breakfast".

A third BP for a friend of mine (which I didn't go to because I was out of the country at the time) is not a huge drinker at all. They all went to her MOH's house and got all dressed up and did eachothers hair and makeup, then went for a meal at the Melting Pot - which she'd never been to but always wanted to try. After that they went home and had a big slumber party complete with truth or dare, a silly string fight in the back yard, and the brides favorite movie. They the only alcohol they'd had was  one cocktail each at dinner, and a bottle of champagne between them all (8 girls total) which they made mimosas with.

So really, it is different for every person. Why don't you put together a few ideas that everyone can afford, then ask the Bride which party she'd rather have. Technically the bride isn't supposed to plan her own party, but there is no harm in it if you say "Bride, would you rather do this, this, or this?" and then leave her out of all the actual "planning"
  • dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my bachelorette party, we had dinner. Then everyone dressed up all goofy and we went bowling. I loved it, but not everyone would.
  • amitchell20amitchell20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends and I are getting a cabin in Helen, GA for Oktoberfest!  It will be a low key, relaxing weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    we're getting dinner in the city, having drinks, and then going to someones house for a slumber party.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards