July 2012 Weddings
Options

Ally??

Where have you been? Hope everything is ok! : Anyone know anything about Ally lately? Did she mention she was leaving for a while and I missed it??

Re: Ally??

• Options
    I hadn't seen her in forever, but she posted on my QOTD re: do not play songs!
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing! Give us an update on you/wedding plans, etc. when you can, Ally!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know she went to San Diego last weekend, she might have been busy due to her trip.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The HR department @ my work started monitoring our computers.  Huge bummer.  What am I supposed to do with my downtime now?  

Anyway, wedding related stuff:
    We went to San Diego last weekend.  Our food tasting was fantastic! We decided on stuffed chicken, mahi mahi with shrimp, and a TBD vegetarian option for the main course.  We also stopped in at the bakery that is doing our cake for a few cupcakes since FI and I have been craving our strawberry cake layer lately.  

The florist was a hot mess.  The owner had to go out of town to the Philippines last minute, so we had to meet with an assistant for our mockup.  The centerpiece was all wrong (they finally got it right after 7 tries...I have pics on my mom's camera, so I'll post it eventually). They didn't even have mockups of the bouquets.  She told us that she would have them ready for us on Sunday on our way out of town (Dahlias apparently are just coming in season, so they didn't have enough at their shop).

We went on Sunday, and the stupid assistant HADN'T SHOWN UP YET.  It was 10:30.  She was supposed to open the shop at 9. Wtf?  I called her on her cell (that she luckily gave me the number to on Friday) and it sounded like she had just woken up.  Anyway, she finally got there, and shows me this pitiful display of flowers that should be in the clearance section of a grocery store.  I was furious.  Needless to say, the owner will be getting a call from us and we will be getting another mockup done.  

Our DJ was awesome.  He came up with an entrance that flowed into our first dance song.  Thought of things we never would've, and was just EXTREMELY creative and knowledgeable with music.  We're meeting with him one more time before the wedding so he can do a run-through of how he's going to announce things and whatnot, but he was definitely the saving grace after the horrid florist appointment. 

Anyway, those are my recent checks.  I'm also going for my first fitting tomorrow with a seamstress to get my dress taken up! I'll try and post more often, sorry for being MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    yay!!!!  So happy you're still here Ally!!  Sorry about the florist thing..I would definitely be calling him too! I hope she learns a lesson!
  • Options
    Sounds like you got a ton done over the weekend! 

Doesn't your HR department realize you have knotting to do!?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you, Ally! Sorry about the florist, though. That totally sucks. At least you have a lot of time to get things squared away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, your DJ sounds great! And I'm sure you'll work things out with your florist.

Keep checking in when you can! Luckily my work doesn't monitor our web usage (at least not that I know of....!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow!! Congrats on all of your checks - we have missed you, I am glad to get an update!!! The florist thing sucks....definitely give them a call, or perhaps write the owner an email. I find that when I am really angry, I am much better at expressing my feelings in a pre-planned email than when I get worked up on a person-to-person phone call. 

Your found sounds really similar to ours!! We are doing a stuffed chicken, a tandoori-spiced salmon, and a curried vegetarian dish.  mmmmmmmmmmmm.  

Sucks about your work though.  Do you have an iphone or a smartphone?? I have heard the new mobile knot works pretty well......
  • Options
    Yayy! I'm so glad you're back! Sorry about your florist, that's a huge bummer. But I'm sure working with the owner rather than the assistant will make a huge difference! That's awesome about your DJ btw!! I'm curious to hear more...we're totally lost in the music department lol. What were some of the things he mentioned that you two hadn't thought of?
  • Options
    Glad to know you're alive!!!

Will you be able to work with the owner instead of the assistant when the owner comes back??

Oooh I hope the HR doesn't start monitoring our internet use- I'd be screwed! Haha
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards