Jewish Weddings

Judaica Gift Ideas

Hi all,

My fiance and I are hoping to register for Judaica gifts - all we have is a menorah (that I want to replace) and Shabbat candlesticks. I'm hoping for suggestions of things we should look to get that I may not think of and recommendations of places they can be purchased.

Thanks!

Re: Judaica Gift Ideas

• There are a few websites where you can create a registry with judaica. We used Judaism.com because we liked the suggestion best. This article explains some options. http://www.jewishweddingnetwork.com/category/wedding-registry Hope that helps!
  • I forgot to mention items to get... We went through the different categories on Judaism.com and made a list of things we could use/want for each. Such as pesach, Shabbat, the home, etc. Then we looked for what we would want. So, if under our category of the home we wanted mezuzahs, we then looked for ones we liked. I think looking at the website categories and then making our own list helped us to not forget anything.
  • We registered for Judaica on Amazon (both sold by Amazon and sold by Judaism.com through Amazon's universal registry).

Some ideas:
    - seder plate and matzah tray/plate
    - shabbat candlesticks
    - kiddush cup
    - challah board
    - challah cover
    - nice tablecloth and napkins for shabbat and holidays
    - benchers/songbooks
    - mezzuzot with parchment
    - netilat yadim cup
    - menorah
    - display/fancy items (fancy dreidel, silver apple and honey tray, etc.)
    - multiple sets of dishes, utensils, etc. if you're kosher (not really Judaica, obviously)

• MangoSongMangoSong member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_judaica-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:43169e90-a2c2-499d-bc57-9ce411802a98Post:73b46b0e-939c-4c3f-949e-d1149afe9c0b">Re: Judaica Gift Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We registered for Judaica on Amazon (both sold by Amazon and sold by Judaism.com through Amazon's universal registry). Some ideas: - seder plate and matzah tray/plate - shabbat candlesticks - kiddush cup - challah board - challah cover - nice tablecloth and napkins for shabbat and holidays - benchers/songbooks - mezzuzot with parchment - netilat yadim cup - menorah - display/fancy items (fancy dreidel, silver apple and honey tray, etc.) - multiple sets of dishes, utensils, etc. if you're kosher (not really Judaica, obviously)
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]
    I would also add a Havdulah Set
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards