Second Weddings

The Dress PIP

Hi Ladies,
After the terrible dress situation (internet rip off) I promptly went out and bought another dress, took it to the seamstress and never got pics of me in the dress until today at my second fitting. I didn't want a long train so she created a sweep by making a beautiful bustle at the very bottom of the dress, she refused to cut off the train. Good call. It's gorgeous with the sweep but can still wear the train down for the ceremony if I decide to do so.

I tried my hair down and up and I decided on up after seeing the pics, let me know what you think.
I know these are small but you can see the shape.

The bodice has a blinged up band.

I was holding the mirrors they kept swinging closed on me. This is the shap with the sweep bustle.

I only had one clip to put up my hair.. the hair would not be on my neck, I was just trying to get an idea of what it looked like up in the dress and I like it better up.

Bustle from the side.

Re: The Dress PIP

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hair down.  Definitely!  Your dress is lovely.  Congratulations on finding something you like, esp after all of that drama.  Yippee!!
  • woodiewoodie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are gorgeous in that dress! Wow!  You look fabulous!
  • edited December 2011
    You look amazing in that dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, I love the dress, of course the pics never do it justice. Last year at this time I was 20 pounds heavier, in total I lost 25 pounds for the wedding, with Weight Watchers, now I'm maintaining. I went from a tight 12 to a 6, which I haven't been since the 80's.
  • edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous! Congrats on the weight loss, that is quite a feat!
  • edited December 2011
    You look stunning and the dress is absolutely amazing!  My vote is for hair up, as I love the plunge back of your gown!!!! 
  • kittylabrokkittylabrok member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You look beautiful!!!!  Hair up!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, keep em coming, I'm going to my hair trial in about an hour.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for your hair up!  It keeps with the elegance of your gown, and will complete the look!

Love your gown, and congrats on finding the right one!
    Anniversary
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Alpha!!  Yay on the gown it's lovely and looks gorgeous on you!  I like your hair both ways - but if up is how you prefer it then do it that way! 

Congratulations on the weight loss as well!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on the weight loss as well as maintaining it.  The dress is beautiful and so glad you found one you love after the hastles.  I looked at your hair pics first and I like it with your hair up.  The bustle does give it a great shape.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yowza!  Hair up; oh definately hair up!  You look beautimous!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHAT A GORGEOUS DRESS!!!! I'm so happy for you, after the internet snafu, you found something so lovely! It's stunning on you.

Congrats on the weight loss. I lost 25 lbs with WW.......er........a couple of years ago. Have to get back at it, LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress, I love the detail.  I vote for your hair up as well, I think it compliments the gown and has an elegant feel.  You look amazing and congratulations on the weight loss.  I'm so happy for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You look great in that lovely dress. I'm doing WW now and I hope to loose about the same, congrats on losing it and keeping it off!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards