New Jersey

Florist?

Can you recommend your florist and what you think is a reasonable floral budget? I understand everyone spends a different amount but I didn't add a poll because I wouldn't even know ranges to start with. Maybe if you share how large your wedding is, that will give me a better idea.

Thanks!!! I appreciate any advice.

Re: Florist?

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're still in the process of shopping around for florists... We have a large guest count (300ppl), doing a mixture of high and low centerpieces (basically roses and hydrangea) and have a large BP... 7BM, 8GM, 2FGs, 1RB and we're getting quotes around $6,000. I personally think it's high especially for something that dies/gets thrown out but those are the quotes we have received. We also received one for $11,000 which gave me anxiety lol
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You should really check out the NJ review board but I honestly vote for Adam at AW flowers in kearny. He's doing 8 tables, 4 bridal party members and 6 parents for a little over 1,000. Plus he is soooooooooo creative and proffessional. Two thumbs up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Avenue Florist in Elizabeth. They were the most reasonable of all the places I checked. I paid 800 for my bouquet, 7 BM bouquets, 9 boutineers, 2 wrist corsages, flowers for 4 FG baskets, 4 mini boutineers and 13 centerpiece flowers (I bought the vases separately which made them cheaper). It also depends on what types of flowers you want. I had roses in my bouquet and the boutineers and corsages, but my CPs and BM bouquets were gerber daisies which are very hearty, colorful and much cheaper than most flowers. I like flowers, but wasn't willing to pay a few thousand for flowers which die within a few days. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florist-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:eeb25875-1328-4155-8c81-67f776d2244cPost:00e72508-d820-472a-ab7f-ad4cd62a8396">Re: Florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Avenue Florist in Elizabeth. They were the most reasonable of all the places I checked. I paid 800 for my bouquet, 7 BM bouquets, 9 boutineers, 2 wrist corsages, flowers for 4 FG baskets, 4 mini boutineers and 13 centerpiece flowers (I bought the vases separately which made them cheaper). It also depends on what types of flowers you want. I had roses in my bouquet and the boutineers and corsages, but my CPs and BM bouquets were gerber daisies which are very hearty, colorful and much cheaper than most flowers. I like flowers, but wasn't willing to pay a few thousand for flowers which die within a few days. 
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

THIS!  I chose those flowers because of the heartiness and cost.  I haven't chosen one but I've recieved quotes around $1500 for my bouquet, 6 bridesmaids, 9 bouts, 3 wrist corsages, one fg basket, 2 mini bouts, and 20 low centerpieces
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    S&K Floral Expressions in Has Heights gave us a quote similar to AW, but I fell in love with Stephanie and her work.  She just seemed more interested in us and our wedding.  If you PM me I can give you the run down of our price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Can't beat the prices AND SERVICE IMO of floral expressions.  She was half of most of the others we went to.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    Go to AW....can not recommend Adame enough. His quote was 50% lower than all my other quotes. Work is beautiful too. Very easy to work with....
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We're using David at Lyndhurst florist.  I gave him my budget (1K) for all of my flowers and he worked with it. We're getting 1 bridal bouquet, 1 toss bouquet, 4 BM bouguets, 9 bouts, 3 corsages, a pomandor (sp?) and 15 centerpieces.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I adore Adam at AW... It's hard to tell great pricing by looking at what someone is spending and how many centerpieces or corsages bc the price all depends on the flowers you want to use, size of arrangements etc. I feel like I got a great price from Adam but am paying a lot more then the above prices for his work, but that's bc I wanted certain flowers and large centerpieces..so it's all relative if that makes sense ;) I'd like to recommend him bc I know he can work well with any budget, does beautiful work and is professional.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to the great recs frim this board :) ... I am also using A&W ... He gave me a great quote, I had gotten a quote from another florist and Adam beat their price by $1100
  • edited December 2011
    Did you guys negotiate with aw or we're his prices firm?
  • edited December 2011

I thought that he was rather easy to negotiate with. As with most things, the more you're spending, the more wiggle room there is...With us, he threw out a number after we went through everything, to which I threw out a lower amount and asked if he could do it for that and he simply smiled and said "I don't see why not!" I just always get this vibe from him that he's not out to try to pull one over on you, but work with you, provide a service, obviously profit but he doesn't try to rip you off in the interim. He's just a really good guy and the people that help him there have always been very nice when taking messages or answering questions for me. Great little business that gives you a big bang for your buck. :o
    You'll be fine :o)   

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Adam actually asked me my max I was willing to pay for the flowers and then smiled and gave it to me for 500 less then that. I got confused about who was negotiting with who. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sdot244sdot244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At least you all have had luck with AW. im disappointed called 3 weeks ago to get final price and have heard from him since...therefore moving on to the next florist... if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.. i will be looking into santo and avenue....
  • edited December 2011
    AW Florist is the best quote I received and he is so creative and professional.  Check him out.  He's in Kearny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards