Ohio-Cincinnati

Dress shopping for under $500?

Other than David's Bridal are there any other places to shop that would have a good selection under $500? I don't want to waste anyone's time at a shop that only has 2 or 3 dresses in my price range.

I just can't bring myself to spend more on something I'll wear for one day. So staying within my budget is important to me!

Any other brides who got a dress for $500 or less, share your secrets! :)

Also, do you think I could make appts for the days around Thanksgiving? I guess once I start calling to make appts I'll find out what days they'll be open around the holidays.

Re: Dress shopping for under $500?

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Forever Yours line has plenty of options under $500.  They tend to mimic other designers like Maggie Sottero, which is in the $1.5k+ range.  The only difference is fabric.  Ask to see it at Bridal and Formal.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter found a gorgeous dress at Cincinnati Bride for around $650.  Don't be afraid to ask if they will come down on the price.  We asked and they did!  Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i'm in love with a dress at fabulous bridal that's under $300. i'm going back for my second appointment soon to show my mom and my best friend before i buy it.

it's a bridesmaid dress, but looks exactly like a dress i found in j.crew's wedding line and the new vera wang line for david's bridal. we're getting married on the beach, so i didn't want a lot of layers of fabric, a train, or beading and that helps lower the price.

when i went to madison avenue bridal earlier this month, all the dresses were on sale. even without the sale i believe you would have many options at that store.
  • edited December 2011
    Snooty Fox Bridal in Mariemont has some stunning gowns in the $100-200 price range.  Many are brand new, some worn once.  All in perfect condition.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • edited December 2011
    Baboox--A consignment shop! What a great idea! That will definitely help me stay within my budget!

I will also look into Cincinnati Bride & Fabulous Bridal--maybe I'll call with my price range and see if they feel like they would have enough options for me before making an appt.

Forever Yours has a few good ones that are in my range, thanks for the tip!

I'll put up some budget shopping tips and reviews after I get my dress :)
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal n Tux in Centerville (Dayton) has a ton of dresses in the lower price range.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Bridal and Formal for less than $500!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal and Formal and got a dress fo 500.  It was off the rack but in great condition!
  • edited December 2011
    I found mine at Eurpean Bridal under $500 during the sample sale, so you may want to keep your eyes peeled for sample sales.  The thing I hadn't accounted for when getting "the deal" was I'll need to have it cleaned and probably more heavily altered since it was a sample size than if I had just ordered the size I needed. 
  • lbrown713lbrown713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI- I was at first against going to David's Bridal, but I ended up there due to convenience-- we were going to go to Wendy's Bridal in Florence, but it had closed. Our time was limited that day, so we just went over to David's in Florence. My dress was on sale for under $400. I knocked David's at first too, but everything has gone smoothly there. I go for my first fitting on Nov. 2!
  • Vendygirl921Vendygirl921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my Dress ad David's after starting there, searching all bridal shops in Cincinnati and then returning to try again. I found it for $300 and it was knocked down from the original price.
    They have nice dresses but don't get them altered there. I know of more than a few brides with horror stories of their alterations department. Find an independent sourse for that.

Good Luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that spending more than $500 is a lot. I set my budget for $500. Ibought my dress from Bridal and Formal, it is an Aflred Angelo dress. I bought it for less than $400.

Good luck shopping! You'll find something great.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards