Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Dress & Shoe Help!

Outdoor wedding. Sept 9, 2011. Country themed. 6:00 p.m. Wedding colors are black and ivory. She does not have an accent color. Our bridesmaid dresses are black, strapless, knee length with an ivory sash and flower. We are having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of shoes to wear. The bride doesn't want heels for fear of sinking into the ground. She also doesn't want us to go barefoot.  We're not sure whether to do black shoes/wedges or not. Any ideas?

Re: Bridesmaid Dress & Shoe Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could wear silver or other metallic color shoes, if you don't want to wear black shoes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are plenty of pretty and classy black wedges and sandals out there. Search Zappos.com or any other shoe website. I wouldn't want you to go barefoot either... unless maybe a beach wedding, or some kind of Renaissance theme wedding. Bare feet don't really exude classiness IMO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KayC16KayC16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all! I agree with the barefoot thing too. Even though it's outside, it's just not very classy.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about dressy ballet flats?  They would be super comfortable and easy to walk on uneven ground.

Bare feet = bad idea (unless of course you are on the beach)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I read that and automatically thought ballerina flats.  They are fairly inexpensive, too!  Yay.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards