Florida-Central Florida
Options

Venues in Orlando?

I'm trying to find the right venue in Orlando. I want an indoor ceremony and reception at the same place. We are dancers and we have a lot of dancers coming to the wedding, so we need a sizeable dance floor. We were hoping to have a mid afternoon wedding so we would serve heavy hors'd'ovres instead of a sit down dinner. Is there anywhere you all can suggest? We do NOT want to get married at Disney or any of the resorts they have.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venues in Orlando?

• Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Harmony Golf Preserve.. they have a gorgeous indoor venue.  Also, Lake Mary Events Center is beautiful and very popular on the board.
  • Options
    lsclark8910lsclark8910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Lake Mary is probably outside my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Longwood Community center and Winter Park Farmer's Market are cheaper than Lake Mary- you could try those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want an afternoon reception & aren't opposed to a Friday you would pay the weekday price at Lake Mary which is WAAAAAAYYYYY cheaper than their weekend rate. Just FYI. It's beautiful, we had our wedding there. Good luck!

• Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also find that Lake Mary can be in just about any budget you want it to be.  Like was mentioned, weekdays are obviously much less expensive and you are able to choose a caterer from their list (which I believe is about 8 vendors) so you can do a lot of choosing how much you want to spend with that.  I believe John Michael's tends to be the least expensive and many of the girls on here have raved about him.

I also want to mention, don't just assume that places are out of your budget until you ask them what they can do.  When I first went to my venue I had calculated their cost to be about $7000 more than what I could possibly spend on them.  When I went there I just said "here is what I can spend, here is what I want, are you able to help me?"  They went out of their way to literally slash their prices almost in half for us.  We still got everything we wanted.. full open bar.. multiple butler passed hor'dearves, full buffet dinner with 3 options.. the only good thing about this darn recession is wedding vendors need your business!  Its always good to ask.. worst they can say is no!!  =)

Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    daisy662daisy662 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omni Resort at Champions Gate. BEAUTIFUL!! Food is amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Tuscawilla Country Club.  They have a beautiful indoor ceremony area and a great reception area. The dance floor is HUGE (it's built in so it's very, very large).  Their prices are very reasonable, they have a large menu and lots to choose from. I recommend checking them out.  I am having my wedding their in May and Linda (the catering director) has been fabulous!

http://www.tuscawillacc.com/golf/proto/tuscawillacc/images/WeddingPkgs01-2010.pdf

By the way, this is just a sample. They can do anything for any budget....trust me! :)
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    grubangruban member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Winter Park Civic Center is nice, they have an outdoors area for the ceremony, patio for cocktail hour, and inside for reception. The rental includes the venue from 11a - midnight

• Options
    lelupixielelupixie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Paradise Cove in Orlando Fl this coming Feb.

http://paradisecoveorlando.com/paradise-cove-orlando-gallery.php
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards