DC

DJ Recommendations for Alexandria VA (PLEASE HELP ASAP)

ljl3469ljl3469 member
First Comment
Hey All- Does anyone have any great DJ recommendations for Alexandria VA? If so, can you advise of price ranges as well? I'm getting married on New Years Eve so I need to start contacting people as soon as possible.  Thanks for all your help!

Re: DJ Recommendations for Alexandria VA (PLEASE HELP ASAP)

• gopherette06gopherette06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Chris Laich DJs.  It was a recommendation from our photographer.  A group of about 7 DJs in total, Chris Laich DJs provides their own sound system (wireless) for your event.  For our wedding, they will be there from about 1 PM to 10PM with 3 locations covered with their own speakers (including my ceremony outside) and they are asking for $3600.  It was a lot to swallow at first but they seem really professional, and I could tell there would be NO HASSLE on my wedding day.

Best part, they only ask for $100 retainer fee up front and don't request any more payment to the day of your event.  And if you are not 100% satisfied with how your evening went, you don't have to pay and can call to discuss what went wrong.

Give them a call. 
  • edited December 2011
    We used Grenier & Sons (http://grenierdj.com/) they were awesome.  They kept everything flowing and everyone dancing.  Everyone really enjoyed them, and they were great to work with.  They are also the most inexpensive in the area that we found.  I would definitely reccommend contacting them.  They were amazing!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I contacted about a dozen DJs recently.  I am happy to share their info with you, what prices are you looking at? I was generally looking between 1,000 to 2000 and settled with a DJ for $2500 who would also do uplighting.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

C and J Entertainment
    http://www.candjentertainment.com/

The play gigs in VA/MD/DC.  Go for it!

• edited December 2011

Check out World Renown Entertainment.
    You can see other reviews on  www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html" target="_blank">http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html

Please tell them Lucy sent you.
    Also, they are part of  www.ADJA.org

• edited December 2011
    We are using Grenier & Sons too.  They are a father-son team and seem really nice.  They are very organized and now offer different lighting for the dance floor.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ljl3469ljl3469 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Guys! Great recommendations. I am hoping to get the price down since everything else is ridiculously expensive!

Modcbride- Can you email me the djs you found in that range? Any prices you have on hand would be great as well

Thanks Ladies!
  • ladylion00ladylion00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ Mike Blaufeld did my wedding in June and I was really happy with him.  And he cost $1500 to play from 6PM-11PM.  The dance floor was packed all night and we had a great time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards